No Fit Shows

Help Support Steer Planet:

kanshow

Some other posts have got me thinking...   

What is your definition of 'No Fit' Show.  What products can/do you use?   

Our county fair is no fit and about all we can do is wash & blow.  They don't like to see you put any hair product in at all. 

Other Blow & shows seem to be more tolerant of hair products.    We've used Pink Oil, Zoom Bloom, shaving cream, etc to work the hair up at those.

BCCC

At ours basicly we just can tuse adhesives or paint. But you can use shaving cream, pink oil, and all the other stuff.

How about at the KSF what will they let you use?

showsteer09

The family that i work for has a blow and go the only thing u can use all week is dawn dish soap and water.....All summer I use sheens and oils in the coolor and at least 2 roto brushes to train leg hair so when u go to the ring they look pulled up..... It sucks but it takes alot of hair traning...

ShortyJ13

when i think "no fit" i think just wash, blow, and SHOW.
i really like those kinds of shows though because, yeah, your cow may not look its best without being prettied up... BUT you get to see the real quality of a calf when there's no extra trimmings. When you win a show like that, i think it's that much more gratifying becuase that's ALLLLLLL you and your calf. No one's out-done your clip job or beat you out becuase they spent more money on fitting supplies.

i like the fairness in that

and am a junkie for fitting though  ;D  dont get me wrong!

i really find it funny though.
you can go to a no-fit show and use pink oil etc.

but when we went to our regional competition
it wasnt they ran a cloth over your calf before you entered the ring to check for oils and paint, when thier were people fitting EVERYWHERE

how ironic ;)

Jill

KSF is no paint no glue, but there are still a lot of products you can use, you just have to be able to comb through the hair.

mark tenenbaum

I am sure you have all the modern conveniences in your mud hut. Did you know it is theraputic to bring the small television in the bathtub when you take a monthly bath? O0

Attachments

• funny-indian-people-13.jpg
    funny-indian-people-13.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 58
  • indian couple 2.jpeg
    indian couple 2.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 52

beebe

Jill said:
KSF is no paint no glue, but there are still a lot of products you can use, you just have to be able to comb through the hair.
Seems like no fit should be no fit.  A hose and a brush or a blower.  Personally, I think all shows should be that way, just the cattle as they are, no deception just the animal as it is.

Medium Rare

beebe said:
Seems like no fit should be no fit.  A hose and a brush or a blower.  Personally, I think all shows should be that way, just the cattle as they are, no deception just the animal as it is.

We don't even apply this standard to our own species while making life altering decisions.

beebe

Medium Rare said:
beebe said:

We don't even apply this standard to our own species while making life altering decisions.
Good point but I have not seen any no fit shows for our species that I remember.

nanagex

In the event that you're prepared to get, you can surrender that to your controller nonetheless, on the off chance that you're interested there's two or three inquiries you ought to pose. In the first place, what sort of heater is it, how old is the framework and https://www.sunboundhomes.com/ does it turn on when you work the indoor regulator. Know not to switch on the cooling assuming the external temperature is under 50 degrees.