OK, Here's the Shortie cow I got.

Help Support Steer Planet:

MYT Farms

RED!!! Need you to resize these! OK, this way you don't have to load those HUGE pics.  :)

ShowmanQ

Here you go ;)

Attachments

• indexCA8334ZT.jpg
    indexCA8334ZT.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 607
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 612

MYT Farms

zach said:
is that one of those belgian blue x shortys? that thing isnt pure horn
Thanks up above!!!!
Zach, she's Angus Shorthorn X. Got more Angus than Shortie in her.

shortyjock89

If she were mine, I would breed her to Perfect Timing or Manchild.

You could get some wild colors out of Manchild, and Perfect Timing would stouten her up.

MYT Farms

Well, I'd probly rather make her produce better breeding stock. I basically show the pures or X-breds that I've got. I'm really more focused on making better breedin' stuff than being worried about making clubbies. Sorry for not clarifying.

OH Breeder

So the shorty in her is?

If it were me, I have seen some Final Solution calves that were really fancy. Large birthweights though.My first one in January is coming. I don't think you can go wrong with any sonny or sonny son. I gave diamond leggs a shot this year and will have a couple calves in Feb to see how he clicked. For a different twist there is also the WO Leggs bulls. You could always use Jake's Proud Jazz I know there are folks on here that have had great success with him. I used him this year for the first time as well.

MYT Farms

BCCC said:
Love the backround in the picutre.
I know! Ain't it perty? That there in the side pic has Pike's Peak in the background. You can see that thing clear as a bell from our ding room winder.

CAB

I like Justin's idea of Perfect Timing.  I personally would rather breed to Hired Man or Blue Blood instead of Manchild just B/C they are are 3/4 sibs and the 2 are clean. Hannibal may work well on her also. He works pretty well in general on SH cows. I would like to see Gig Joe on her too. I think that he may click with her. JMO. Brent

MYT Farms

OK, how about this here bull on the above blue cow?
http://www.ramburchar.com/images/rcdenver.pdf

MYT Farms

Yes sir (Ma'am),
I realize that. The Char X calves we've had turned out awful nice though. Plus, this cow has quite a bit of Angus in her. I'd guess a little over 50%. Wanted to know if maybe Denver might click with her.

shortyjock89

MYT Farms said:
Yes sir (Ma'am),
I realize that. The Char X calves we've had turned out awful nice though. Plus, this cow has quite a bit of Angus in her. I'd guess a little over 50%. Wanted to know if maybe Denver might click with her.

I really don't like the idea of Charolais on anything with a significant amount of Shorthorn blood in it.  Not saying the calves won't be nice, but you're in for a mess with hair.  Weird colors, textures, getting into length differences between the colors if you get a yellow roan. 

I still like Perfect Timing, and agree with Brent when he says Hired Man.  She looks like she has the type of shoulder to balance his.

MYT Farms

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
MYT Farms said:
Yes sir (Ma'am),

I really don't like the idea of Charolais on anything with a significant amount of Shorthorn blood in it.  Not saying the calves won't be nice, but you're in for a mess with hair.  Weird colors, textures, getting into length differences between the colors if you get a yellow roan. 

I still like Perfect Timing, and agree with Brent when he says Hired Man.  She looks like she has the type of shoulder to balance his.
Yes sir, I understand that too. I had a yeller one this year. He actually turned out OK, though. Had darker yellow hair on top and lighter hair underneath. The thing is, I know the family who owns him and might be able to get a deal.  :D

shortyjock89

Well, she's your cow, but 25 bucks to get a good calf without weird hair, not to mention, a Registerable calf seems to be worth it to me.