OK Mr Frostbite.....

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

OK Mr Frostbite – here we go – you asked for it – you wanted to talk about something different – take your pick? OR ADD YOUR OWN  ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: ::) (cow) (cow) (clapping) (clapping) (dog) (dog) (dog) (cow) (cow) (cow) O0
1. Opening the border to Canadian cattle
2. Wind power
3. BSE
4. Caring for yearling bulls
5. Calf care
6. Bovine viral diarrhea virus
7. Johne’s disease
8. Is there a link between Johne’s disease and Crohn’s?
9. The impact of bovine TB on the cattle industry in MI (or Texas or Minnesota etc) or in Australia?
10. Zoonotic diseases
11. Pinkeye
12. Sperm morphology
13. Fractures in cattle
14. Extra label drug use
15. Volative residues
16. RFID
17. Ways to minimize winter feeding costs
18. Dehorning
19. Castrating
20. Hay feeders
21. Hay costs
22. Shipping fever
23. Vaccination strategies
24. Lepto hardjo bovis
25. Ultrasound for pregnancy diagnosis
26. Ultrasound for other bovine things
27. Abortion in cattle
28. Clostridial diseases
29. Anthrax
30. Foot and Mouth
31. Biosecurity for cattle farms
32. Biosecurity if you buy or show
33. What would happen if FMD was introduced to the California State Fair?
34. BST
35. Orgainc & natural products
36. Grass fed beef
37. Body condition and frame score
38. Uterine torsion
39. What do you do with new additions?
40. Growing hair (AGHHH!!)

CAB

Well one thing is for sure, you did give him a crap load to pick from. I'm going to patiently sit & wait, & hopefully learn.

knabe

such a modest list. ;D

passive heating and cooling
recharging aquefers
semen on bulls pre foot and mouth restrictions
markers for here's your sign
water use differences for subclinical diseases in cattle
field deployable genetic testing by producers
PAP
global warming contribution of cement and heat island effect

wow, i'm tired already.

dori36

Show Dad said:
How raising more cattle can help solve world hunger.

.......and how about country of origin labeling,  does anyone care about e nforcing Packer and Stockyards any more, packer concentration, environmentalists agenda on federal grazing lands, introduction of predators into ranching areas (wolves), can you call Michigan's cattle raisers and "industry", managing Brucellosis in Elk and  Bison grazing areas where they comingle with cattle?  Whew, there's just all kinds of good topics to get ourselves in trouble with!!  (lol)

itk

Whats wrong with just talking about TH and PHA some more its kept the board going for so long why stop now.

itk

I'm getting a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: Irish Wiskey is neither Irish or Wiskey. There, I feel better. I feel better.

jason

I have always been really interested in building a "green house". 

Does anyone have any experience with that?

Jill

Jason said:
I have always been really interested in building a "green house". 

Does anyone have any experience with that?
Come visit Olathe, KS sometime, we have greenhouses GALORE here!  Or there is a good one in Ottawa, that would be a little closer for you.

DL

itk said:
I'm getting a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: Irish Wiskey is neither Irish or Wiskey. There, I feel better. I feel better.

Now we sure could do that but in the interest of trying to be kinder and friendlier I was responding to Mr Frostbites suggestion that because we are so smart we should have something else to talk about.

I am however glad you feel better  ;) if Irish Whiskey is neither Irish or Whiskey does that make him an oxymoron or a misnomer or should we just blame his mother for handing him that moniker?

Of course Power Plant - wasn't
Heat Wave wasn't
Chili wasn't (but he might have ended up in it)
Trump wasn't
JJ of Prime Cut could have been

I am sure the list goes on and on

ps dori - good suggestions
  ;D

just as an aside do you have a favorite hockey team or do you prefer something else? I don't see you as a curling fan, but I sure could be wrong!

dori36

<<just as an aside do you have a favorite hockey team or do you prefer something else? I don't see you as a curling fan, but I sure could be wrong!>>

For me?  Collegiate would be those 2007 National Champion Michigan State University Spartans!  (clapping)  NHL, not much of a pro hockey fan in general, but if I have to cheer for anyone, it would be the Red Wings.

dori36

dori36 said:
<<just as an aside do you have a favorite hockey team or do you prefer something else? I don't see you as a curling fan, but I sure could be wrong!>>

For me?  Collegiate would be those 2007 National Champion Michigan State University Spartans!  (clapping)  NHL, not much of a pro hockey fan in general, but if I have to cheer for anyone, it would be the Red Wings.

Hey, look, I just turned into a full member!!  Yay me!

dutch pride

I would love to see comments on a number of these topics. I choose numbers; 9,14,16,17,23,35,37 from DL's original list. Someone want to pick one and get started? I am fairly new at all of this so I cannot offer much expertice but will join in as I can. I learn a lot from the posts on this board and also find it entertaining at times.

DLZ    (lol)

DL

dori36 said:
dori36 said:

Yeah Dori - I am not sure full membership provides much more than a few more letters but what the heck!
The Spartans are GREAT!! I hope they have another fabulous season. A really class bunch of kids. I of course pick the BFLO Sabres and we do have MSU's own Ryan Miller in goal - and he is fabulous too. Interestingly the last outdoor hockey game was played at MSU in the football stadium (bs UM I think) and Miller was in goal. This year on new years day BFLO plays Toronto in the Bills stadium outside (tickets sold out in 45 min!) - should be a heck of a deal.

itk - how about you? hockey?

DP - since Mr Frostbite asked we will give him to opportunity to step up to the plate and pick a topic - if he doesn't do so well then it is a free for all and we will just go for one!

farmboy

dori36 said:
dori36 said:

For me?  Collegiate would be those 2007 National Champion Michigan State University Spartans!   (clapping)   NHL, not much of a pro hockey fan in general, but if I have to cheer for anyone, it would be the Red Wings.

harharhar, 1000 club

frostback

I am just too tired to play right now. Moved a bunch of panels by myself then trailered 3 loads home. On my drive home I go through 4 sets of lights and 3 stop sings and everyone trying to get in front of a trailer then turning in front of you with no signal light. Only one person really tried to kill me today. There is no respect for farmers around here.  Got at least 6 more loads tomorrow then preg checking and pouring on Sunday. You guys pick one and I will play when I have the energy.

itk

DL said:
dori36 said:
dori36 said:

For me?  Collegiate would be those 2007 National Champion Michigan State University Spartans!   (clapping)   NHL, not much of a pro hockey fan in general, but if I have to cheer for anyone, it would be the Red Wings.

Yeah Dori - I am not sure full membership provides much more than a few more letters but what the heck!
The Spartans are GREAT!! I hope they have another fabulous season. A really class bunch of kids. I of course pick the BFLO Sabres and we do have MSU's own Ryan Miller in goal - and he is fabulous too. Interestingly the last outdoor hockey game was played at MSU in the football stadium (bs UM I think) and Miller was in goal. This year on new years day BFLO plays Toronto in the Bills stadium outside (tickets sold out in 45 min!) - should be a heck of a deal.

itk - how about you? hockey?

DP - since Mr Frostbite asked we will give him to opportunity to step up to the plate and pick a topic - if he doesn't do so well then it is a free for all and we will just go for one!

I'm not very original but I cheer for both the college and the pro team from Denver. I never really liked hockey that much until I got some Canucks for college roomates. I loved the Avalanche teams of just a few years ago they seemed to be talented everywhere and Patrick Roy is my all time favorite player.