Ok Shorthorn Experts, I tried my experiment!

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

First off, Thanks to everyone that offered advice the first time.  I decided to try out the color scheme at home on Cascade.  I only groomed the flank & the back leg in this picture.  I am learning so please offer any idvice.  I used a mixture of Sullivans Auburn Touchup and Sullivans Crimson touchup.  Darn everytime I see that Auburn Can, I get depressed that my Huskers should have beat them in the bowl last year,  but than I think of this season and Auburn don't bother me so much. (clapping)

I think it turned out OK, probably a little dark.  I don't know whether I should go with it or just not build the legs any?  Maybe I should paint  lightly a little higher into the Quarter to blend it better?  Also should I paint the flank lightly with the dark paint to make it stick out less?

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

RSC

Attachments

• Cascade Groomed a.jpg
    Cascade Groomed a.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 601

shorthorns r us

another thing to remember is that show day grooming products will deepen the color of his body hair.  also the lighting in most showrings is not that great.  i'd bet the combination of those two will get you pretty darn close to your target.

OH Breeder

I think it looks pretty good. The more you play the more you will become proficient. You can layer the spray whlie you are building. Take for instance, spray the leg and pull up the leg with what ever adhesive you are using. Then continue to spray the tips start to build up. Hit it with ultra white and allow it to dry. You can hit again with ultra white and let it dry. Then start the painting. I like to build and think it is fun. We have made toothpicks into stove pipes. It definitely is a skill-  I am still working to master :-\.

Great Job! (clapping)