Old cowboy down, please pray for him

Help Support Steer Planet:

wrc

My dad was bucked off of a horse this morning and may have broken his shoulder.  He was at one of his farms 25 miles from the house trying to get one of our bulls off of the neighbors when it happened. When some of my relatives got there he had the horse caught and tied to the bale spear on the back of his pick up.  They called an ambulance that took him to the hospital.  My dad is 83 and has survived colon cancer and several heart attacks.  He is a surviver.  I had knee surgery late last week so I can't go down and help him.  Please pray for a quick recovery for him. <cowboy>

jaimiediamond

Thoughts and prayers for your father, he sounds like an incredible person with strong will power

Hope your knee heals swiftly as well

AAOK

Thoughts and prayers for you all.  I know what it's like to have a Dad who works hard to the day he dies.  Mine survived 2 heart attacks, and 4 heart surgeries from the age of 43 to 85. 

wrc

Just got a call from my mom.  My dad is being transferred to OU Medical Center.  He has bleeding on the brain, a punctured lung and broken ribs.  Prayers please.

MCC

Our thoughts and prayers are with your dad, you and the rest of your family for speedy recovery's.

chambero

It's hard to watch them break down.  We are going through a similar situation in our family - only involving cancer right now.  You have our prayers.  Just remember the Dr.'s can do some amazing things with God's help these days.  You can't ever count old tough cowboys out.

jason

Will keep you in my prayers.  My dad is the same way, I can't slow him down no matter how hard I try.  He has had open heart surgery and when he is working out in this hot weather it scares me to death.

(angel) (angel) (angel)

irishshorthorns

You can be sure we'll all say a prayer for him. I'm sure you're Dad will be fine please God. My father and him are the same age. It takes a lot to knock these fellas. They're as hardy as wild ducks!

wrc

Thanks for all the kind replys.  The Dr's have determined that there is no bleeding on the brain.  He does have 8 broken ribs, a broken collar bone and a severelly bruised lung that is partially collapsed.  If he can get thru tne next 72 hrs without any major complications from the lung he will be really sore but should be ok.  He is covered from head to toe with sandburrs and is very gripey.  The old fart ran us out of his room, said he couldn't relax with every one in there.  He did get the bull back home before the horse bucked him off.  My dad was a quarter horse jockey back in the '50's so even at his age he can still ride pretty good.  He had been talking about selling most of his cows because of the drought but this has forced his hand.  This coming weekend I'm going to sort em out and ship them.  Thanks again for all the prayers and kind words. <cowboy>

CAB

I wish I could be as tough as those old boys. My thoughts, hopes,  and prayers are with your Dad and your family. Brent

rmbcows

Prayers sent, and added one that he takes selling his cows ok.  I'm sure that will be the hardest pill to swallow.  :'(

Cowboy

I can really feel for him, I as well will never give up the horses, I ride at least three times a week checking cows and pastures. A couple weeks ago, I allowed my good horse to get in a bad spot, and we both went down. He is fine, I was pretty ajitated but only lost my hat and a little dignity -- along with a few patches of skin.

It will be hard for me too when I have too slow down and not ride as much -- but I can promise you all, I will be one very hard guy to get along with if it ever happens -- and I won't touch on the day my cows leave. I think that day will see me going out over the hill tied on my horse and we'll both just never come back!! hehehe

Tell him for me that there are a few of us still here, I'm not quite as old, but I understand. I'll send him a tube of super-glue - just for the hell of it!! hehehehe

God Bless Cowboys -  <cowboy>

Terry

bruiser

He sounds like a tough old bird, for sure . Our hearts go out to your family. And our prayers for his recovery. Just keep a couple of his best and tell him it's time to repopulate. I'm sure in 80 plus he's seen and survived worse. Long live cowboy's.

rocknmranch

My thoughts are with you and your family! To know a man that like that, is to be very lucky. I wish I knew just one!