Old cowboy down, please pray for him

Help Support Steer Planet:

rarebirdz

how is ur dad? my families thoughts and prayers are with u for his speedy recovery

wrc

He is still in Intensive Care and in pain from the ribs.  His lung is filling with fluid and the Dr's have talked about putting a chest tube in at last resort.  There is some improvement in airflow thru the lung since yesterday.  He can talk cows and horses with you all day long but doesnt realize he's in the hospital and gets a little mean over that.  He's tuff and will pull thru.  We really have no choice on selling the cattle as we have no grass left and any hay will have to be shipped in from quite a ways.  His pride is the horses and he sold most of them a few years ago.  I'm the one that couldn't part with the cows, but I live over 2 hrs away and we still have a little grass for now.  Looks like he will be in the hospital for at least another week and then to a rehab facility for a couple days until he gets to go home. 
thanks for all the prayers.

jason

wrc said:
He is still in Intensive Care and in pain from the ribs.  His lung is filling with fluid and the Dr's have talked about putting a chest tube in at last resort.  There is some improvement in airflow thru the lung since yesterday.  He can talk cows and horses with you all day long but doesnt realize he's in the hospital and gets a little mean over that.  He's tuff and will pull thru.  We really have no choice on selling the cattle as we have no grass left and any hay will have to be shipped in from quite a ways.  His pride is the horses and he sold most of them a few years ago.  I'm the one that couldn't part with the cows, but I live over 2 hrs away and we still have a little grass for now.  Looks like he will be in the hospital for at least another week and then to a rehab facility for a couple days until he gets to go home. 
thanks for all the prayers.

Glad he is going to pull through.  Sounds tough as a nail.