ordering semen online-question

Help Support Steer Planet:

5PCC

In previous years, some guy just delivered it to us. I think he might have been from Select Sires, but I can't really can't remember.

Now I think that most semen places send out their semen in mailer tanks that then get sent back to them. Is that right?

cpubarn

You order your semen and they ship it in special shipper semen tank.

It has cost between $60 and $100 for shipping.

You transfer it to your tank and follow your companies instructions for arranging for return of the shipper.

5PCC

Thanks for the info. About how long does shipping typically take? I guess just normal mail delivery? Is it better for the semen to get it delivered by a sales rep?

cowman 52

Most ship so it hits your door in the middle of the week so it doesn't sit in some hot warehouse over the weekend.  Leaves on Monday,  Thursday at the latest most times.

savaged

I've ordered this year from Genetic Horizons and Top Sires.  Both shipped and arrived in two days in good condition and plenty of liquid.  You just leave the ship tank where they dropped it and they will return in a couple of days and pick it up.  Top Sires was cheaper to ship - fifty bucks.

The best way (IMO) is to go to your state beef expo and buy it direct from vendors.  No shipping and it's in your tank from the start.

bim1986

savaged said:
I've ordered this year from Genetic Horizons and Top Sires.  Both shipped and arrived in two days in good condition and plenty of liquid.  You just leave the ship tank where they dropped it and they will return in a couple of days and pick it up.  Top Sires was cheaper to ship - fifty bucks.

The best way (IMO) is to go to your state beef expo and buy it direct from vendors.  No shipping and it's in your tank from the start.

Yep and a lot of the bull guys (lautners, rodgers, etc) have guys at the bigger expos or shows and can get you taken care of.

CAB

Also, ABS,Select Sires, Genex, Accelerated Genetics, etc. still do deliver semen to your tank.