Our herd bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

HAB

Till-Hill said:
Have you got him in @ Genex yet? I would really like to try a few straws of him but getting it would be the issue!
Till-Hill, not yet.  We just pulled him out of the cows earlier this month.  Our plan is to take him out to Billings for the NILE, and leave him at Hawkeye West at that time.  The guys that used semen this year have reported 100% conception rates so far.

Thanks,

Harley

Eberth

HAB, where at exactly south west of Fargo? I am stuck in west central Minnesota for the next few weeks for work and wouldnt mind coming to look at some cattle if it's not too far of a drive.

HAB

Eberth said:
HAB, where at exactly south west of Fargo? I am stuck in west central Minnesota for the next few weeks for work and wouldnt mind coming to look at some cattle if it's not too far of a drive.
Eberth,

We are located between Kindred and Leonard, N.D., about 35 miles SW of Fargo.  I would be happy to show you the cattle.  My cell# is 701-212-0112

Harley

Mueller Show Cattle

You should have your bull picture behind the add that says want hair!  (lol) I am also set for this breed season as all my stock is bred for a spring calf but would like to talk to use for next years breeding season. I also go to the NWSS as it is only 3 1/2 hour drive for me. If you go down there with your tank, would like to hook up and get some straws from you of your bull. I will have my tank with me as I'm picking up some other semen while I'm down there. I read on the Galloway Association website that Galloways are easy calvers, would you recommend your bull on a crossbreed (maine/chi/angus) clubby heifer?

HAB

Big M Show Cattle said:
You should have your bull picture behind the add that says want hair!  (lol) I am also set for this breed season as all my stock is bred for a spring calf but would like to talk to use for next years breeding season. I also go to the NWSS as it is only 3 1/2 hour drive for me. If you go down there with your tank, would like to hook up and get some straws from you of your bull. I will have my tank with me as I'm picking up some other semen while I'm down there. I read on the Galloway Association website that Galloways are easy calvers, would you recommend your bull on a crossbreed (maine/chi/angus) clubby heifer?
We will have our tank along.  We have used the bull successfully on Galloway heifers and Galloway /  Angus cross heifers.  We have sold semen to guys that are breeding him to clubby bred heifers, so we will have a much better handle on those crosses next year.  His BW have been mostly in the 70 and 80 on heifers.  On cows we have had some 85 lb calves.  Galloway calves are long bodied and smooth shouldered, so BW can be higher with no calving issues.  If we have to help one, they are gone.
Thanks,
Harley