Our Hereford Steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

herf96 said:
in al reality.. he's just a high % and looks like one.

Please explain how he looks like a high %?  No doubt he is one, being out of Carpe Diem, but I need your intelligence to tell me what makes him look like a high %.  You seem to be really smart about this and several other things.  Please enlighten me.

By the way shortdawg, the calf is good no matter what he is!!!
[/quote]

two thoughts in one:
he's just a high %

and
and looks like one ( a herf)

shortdawg said:
Again, the purpose of the thread is to highlight the accomplishment of my boys - I really don't know what mule foot has to do with this thread nor do I care what you think or don't think nor what you are going to do or not going to do if it's proven - You obviously are a poor excuse for a human being to hijack a thread that highlights the accomplishment of anyone especially a kid - anybody that has exhibited cattle that can compete on that level knows how much time and effort it takes and my kids have done it with Shorthorn, Angus, and Herefords - obviously they must be doing something right and again I appreciate their efforts or anybody else's efforts to get a calf to that point - whether you like or dislike JPJ cattle I don't care but that breeding has been good to my kids and will pay for their college educations .......

I don't remember bashing on your kids???  Please find that quote and repost if for my eyes to see and remember. 

btw: you never responded to my PM

shortdawg

My son's steer classed Hereford and he's got to be at least 50% - what are you gaining saying that he just looks like one ? All he has to do down here is look enough like one to class - we didn't break any rules or anything - he classed as a Hereford and won so why does it matter what % he is ? Why rain on my kid's parade ? Does it make you feel macho or something ? You are taking away from my son's accomplishment with all this rubric - showing cattle, sports, etc give kids the opportunity to create good news about themselves and this is just that !

kfacres

shortdawg said:
My son's steer classed Hereford and he's got to be at least 50% - what are you gaining saying that he just looks like one ? All he has to do down here is look enough like one to class - we didn't break any rules or anything - he classed as a Hereford and won so why does it matter what % he is ? Why rain on my kid's parade ? Does it make you feel macho or something ? You are taking away from my son's accomplishment with all this rubric - showing cattle, sports, etc give kids the opportunity to create good news about themselves and this is just that !

No, again I ask-- find me the quote- where I bashed the accomplishments of your kid(s).  

I don't think that you can call that steer as Hereford- from the standpoint- he really isn't a Herf.  I guess it boils down to a definition- what is, what it is...  

In the area I live and show in: if it doesn't have papers- right or wrong- it shows crossbred-- which I guess I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I can see the arguemen ts from both sides-- who cares what's on paper- if they sell based on how they look-- but then again, how can a purebred compete with a crossbred, and what incentive remains to raise purebreds?  

BTW: you STILL haven't responded to my PM.

chambero

He's a Hereford steer in TX also.  He'd class all day.  I remember you showing me his baby photo right at a year ago.  He turned out great.

shortdawg

chambero said:
He's a Hereford steer in TX also.  He'd class all day.  I remember you showing me his baby photo right at a year ago.  He turned out great.

Thanks ! That's him in my avatar

bart

Great job shortdawg with your HEREFORD !!!! happy for you and the pups! <party>

Bradenh

Jody- You breed milking shorthorns and lambs so shut the Hell up about the steer being hereford and say something nice for once, there is a lamb forum for the pasture maggot experts to get on and I feel like that is where your knowledge is more well spent,

Shortdawg I love the calf personally and I couldn't think of a nicer more deserving family than you and your boys! Tell them we send Congrats all the way from Texas!    (thumbsup) <party>

kfacres

Show stopper 95 said:
Jody- You breed milking shorthorns and lambs so shut the Hell up about the steer being hereford and say something nice for once, there is a lamb forum for the pasture maggot experts to get on and I feel like that is where your knowledge is more well spent,

Shortdawg I love the calf personally and I couldn't think of a nicer more deserving family than you and your boys! Tell them we send Congrats all the way from Texas!    (thumbsup) <party>

You know, I haven't had a Milking Shorthorn calf- is atleast 3 years-- no make that 5 since I moved away from home and into college and no longer have anything to do with the dairy farm...  Funny- though- keep trying to make me feel bad and get more people on your side... (dog)

advocate

Well Jody, you are a self proclaimed juicer, your lucky noone gets on ad cuts down the great stock you post on here. After seeing them you have no business telling anyone how to raise show cattle or that thier stock isnt good enough. So run along dairy boy noone cares, ur crap is getting old.

kfacres

advocate said:
Well Jody, you are a self proclaimed juicer, your lucky noone gets on ad cuts down the great stock you post on here. After seeing them you have no business telling anyone how to raise show cattle or that thier stock isnt good enough. So run along dairy boy noone cares, ur crap is getting old.

hey advocate:  how ya been? Haven't seen any dumb ass remarks from you in awhile...  Where ya been? 

advocate

Got bored watching you get  more awesome. Been busy actually showing, didnt have the time to.get on here 24/7 to tell everuone why they suck and im the balls, you know basically sittn arpund wonderin how to be as cool as Jody Kabat.

kfacres

advocate said:
Got bored watching you get  more awesome. Been busy actually showing, didnt have the time to.get on here 24/7 to tell everuone why they suck and im the balls, you know basically sittn arpund wonderin how to be as cool as Jody Kabat.

Still in Iowa huh?

PLKR

This thread has certainly went off-topic...and brings up a few issues.
First, congratulations to Shortdawg and his family on their win with the steer. They showed him in a show that classifies the steers, so they certainly played within the rules. Believe me, I understand the system.

As for policing shows that require registration papers on steers--that becomes a problem that I'm not sure most breed associations want to get involved in, at least if they can avoid it. I know that was the case with the AHA in the past. Frankly, the steer deal is not the major concen--it's the mates to the steers that are retained as breeding stock. If everyone does the right thing, there isn't a problem. If not, well, that's a different story.I don't have a problem with people breeding for cattle that will classify. Just don't register them if they are not out of a registered cow and bull...

While I'm responding to a topic that has been totally hijacked--I find it interesting that "cut the bs" has picked Crossfire as his "lead AI bull"...if and when he buys a Hereford female. Crossfire is, in my opinion, one of the clubbiest REGISTERED Hereford bulls available, and is certainly bred to be that way. I just find that ironic given his usual dislike for clubby genetics.

With all that being said, I think everyone should breed cattle that they like...and can sell.  I'm certainly not going to tell anyone how they should mate their cows.

twistedhshowstock

That is certainly a nice Herf steer...and tell your kids congrats.  I know the unfortunes of comb mishaps, back when I was showing a girl dropped one and my heifer stepped on it... we stood 3rd in the class, which was where she should have been.  Checked her foot there was some bleeding, but nothing major so we didnt think about it. A week or so later she was 3 legged lame, turns out a tooth of the comb had broken off and we didnt know it and it absessed.  She turned out to be a good cow, but at that point her show career was over.
As far as what he is,  he certainly looks like a Hereford, and if its a show that classifies thats all that matters because that is where he will show.  90% of the Hereford steers are in reality just high% herf, its not a big issue its a steer, you arent trying to sell him to raise herf calves.

kfacres

PLKR said:
While I'm responding to a topic that has been totally hijacked--I find it interesting that "cut the bs" has picked Crossfire as his "lead AI bull"...if and when he buys a Hereford female. Crossfire is, in my opinion, one of the clubbiest REGISTERED Hereford bulls available, and is certainly bred to be that way. I just find that ironic given his usual dislike for clubby genetics.

have you ever seen his shorthorns, or the bull's he's bred with?

PLKR

Cut the BS said:
PLKR said:

have you ever seen his shorthorns, or the bull's he's bred with?
Nope, only the opinions you post on here. Does that mean your shorthorns are "clubby" bred??

Latest posts