Pa Do Fall Calving Dispersal

Help Support Steer Planet:

DLD

I haven't heard how it went. We stopped by Saturday and went through the cattle real quick. The cows looked a little tough condition-wise, and were a little framey to suit me, but  if they're your kind, I'm sure there were some nice ones in there for those that would take the time to study them. Hope it went well for 'em.

Doc

The only 2 I know about is #4 & #14 , I sent $3K on either one, #4 brought $3,700.00 & #14 brought $3,500.00. Cagwin said 14 had the best fall hfr at side of all the fall borns. :)

Will

I did not make the sale, but was told by a reliable source that the sale went well.  Averaged around $2500, with high seller around $4800.  I was told the Gus calves looked to the best calves in the offering.  Everything sold except a couple bulls who did not quite semen test well enough.

iowa

Thanks for the info. I didn't have any particular lot I was interested in. Just curious about how the older cows sold.

shorthorns r us

Doc said:
The only 2 I know about is #4 & #14 , I sent $3K on either one, #4 brought $3,700.00 & #14 brought $3,500.00. Cagwin said 14 had the best fall hfr at side of all the fall borns. :)

cagwin bought lot 4 out from under you.  lot 14 went to whr.

high seller was #3  4850 stayed in OK to buzzard

#8 4500 paint valley? OH
#1 3700 wheeler farms MO
#2 3100 holley farms MN  -  I should have biught her
#12 2600 whr

garybob

Will said:
I did not make the sale, but was told by a reliable source that the sale went well.  Averaged around $2500, with high seller around $4800.  I was told the Gus calves looked to the best calves in the offering.  Everything sold except a couple bulls who did not quite semen test well enough.
I will be honest here. I am not a big-time breeder. I have only 4 cows left from a nucleus of 13 Shorthorn cows from which I tried to start a performance-oriented herd. They are at Daddy's, bred to  Black Gelbvieh Bull. I have, for the past year, been living away from the farm, with the hopes of making a better living, in order to re-enter the Shorthorn Business in a bigger way, if only later-on.
As a youth, I would read copies of "Shorthorn Country", and, was always impressed with Don & Mrs. Pat's attention to Performance and Carcass data. Long before those topics were widely accepted in other Breeds, "PaDo" was known as "The Red Meat People". PaDo Double Play, at Paul Bridwell's is tied for first place on my list of Shorthorn sires I've ever seen.
I have two things to say. 1.) I hate to see them go. However, this is a transition point in their lives. I wish them well.  2.) Dang right, the ''Gus'' calves were probably the best, because their higher concentration of Asterisk-free (S-H-O-R-T-H-O-R-N) DNA makes them that way. I only saw pictures, of Gus calves they've sold in past sales,  just like many of you. I only dream about what I' see in catalogs and on-line.

Y'uns have a good day!

GB

shorthorns r us

garybob said:
Will said:
I will be honest here. I am not a big-time breeder. I have only 4 cows left from a nucleus of 13 Shorthorn cows from which I tried to start a performance-oriented herd. They are at Daddy's, bred to  Black Gelbvieh Bull. I have, for the past year, been living away from the farm, with the hopes of making a better living, in order to re-enter the Shorthorn Business in a bigger way, if only later-on.
As a youth, I would read copies of "Shorthorn Country", and, was always impressed with Don & Mrs. Pat's attention to Performance and Carcass data. Long before those topics were widely accepted in other Breeds, "PaDo" was known as "The Red Meat People". PaDo Double Play, at Paul Bridwell's is tied for first place on my list of Shorthorn sires I've ever seen.
I have two things to say. 1.) I hate to see them go. However, this is a transition point in their lives. I wish them well.  2.) Dang right, the ''Gus'' calves were probably the best, because their higher concentration of Asterisk-free (S-H-O-R-T-H-O-R-N) DNA makes them that way. I only saw pictures, of Gus calves they've sold in past sales,  just like many of you. I only dream about what I' see in catalogs and on-line.

Y'uns have a good day!

GB

wrong gus. they bought a bull at ft. worth in 2006 named 4y agustus.  he is a sonny son.  i think you are thinking of the eionmor mr gus line.

Doc

SRU said:
Doc said:

cagwin bought lot 4 out from under you.  lot 14 went to whr.

high seller was #3  4850 stayed in OK to buzzard

#8 4500 paint valley? OH
#1 3700 wheeler farms MO
#2 3100 holley farms MN  -  I should have biught her
#12 2600 whr
I figured that he was going to buy her. That will be a money maker for him with that pedigree & his marketing. At least he wasn't able to steal her. I definitely don't have the pockets those 2 do. I've always gotten along with Pa Do genetics. I've got 2 - Boxer x Pa do Kitten 845 et's coming in Jan., I've got a D.Vision x Roan Sue (THF) due to Boxer in Jan., & a full Irish , Irish Mist x Scarlet bred to Boxer due in April.

gocanes719

We bought 13 and 43, both Fuzzy Vision daughters.  I bought the high selling Fuzzy heifer out of their sale a few years ago and we are really high on her.  She just had a bull calf out of Hoo Too that looks promising.

garybob

SRU said:
garybob said:
Will said:

Y'uns have a good day!

GB

wrong gus. they bought a bull at ft. worth in 2006 named 4y agustus.  he is a sonny son.  i think you are thinking of the eionmor mr gus line.
Sorry! They did, 'bout 5 years ago, use either 80C, or, 85C (can't remember which one). They even sold Bull calves outtta him as feature lots in the next year's sale.

GB

itk

I was really impressed with the quality of cattle that were for sale, it was just a very deep uniform set. It is sad to see the Stouts slowing down. If all of us had the same passion for the breed that they do shorthorns would be in a much better place right now.