Pale Face and Sunseeker any help appreciated

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

I have a Mossy Oak x Stoney Chi angus heifer. Threw a Fancy Fancy steer calf. Not massive but will be pretty. Wish he was a heifer. His profile is spot on. Now, I have bred her back to Pale face. She is smaller in stature and longer necked, hairy finer boned. What can I expect with a pale face? I am hoping for a heifer.

Two, I bred a Meyer x Angus cow- wide hipped deep bodied shorter necked moderate framed- baldy to Sunseeker. What can I expect? This is my first experience breeding with these bulls. I have never had any calves out of her and don't know what to expect. She was a reciep but is better than some cows I have seen. So instead of sticking an egg in her, I bred her.

I know my questions may sound juvinelle but, I had the vet out today and he confirmed some of my pregancies I was questioning for me.

cowz

OH Breeder,
Merry Christmas!  I would be really excited about your sunseeker out of the Meyer cows.  You can expect a bigger BW and hopefully a calf with a lot of bone, hair, width, good structure and easy feeding.  The boys are on their 2nd sunseeker steer this season.  We won our co. fair out of 108 steers with a sunseeker steer.

We have never used pale face, but a neighbor has.  The calves are smaller and they raised a really nice, feminine clean fronted heifer out of a simmy cow last year.    Good luck and keep us posted.

Joe Boy

My brother has brangus cows and he sells show calves to those wanting to show in the American Breed.  We started synchonization this week on them and on mine last week.  He will use Sunseeker on everything this year.  He has some great calves on the ground now and the last two years his highest selling calf has been a Sunseeker.  They have shown very well.  He puts a lot of rear end in them and good hair.  They work well in the hair shows and slick shear alike.

Good luck.

preacher

shortyjock89

OH B- With that mating on Sunseeker, you will see a really stout calf, with lots of hair and power..but I'm afraid he won't help that short-necked problem.  So far, that's what I've noticed on Sunseeker..he makes everything awesome except for front ends.  I would suggest breeding him to cows that are plenty pretty enough fronted, but maybe a lack a little bit in the muscle and bone category..I wouldn't say "frail" cows, just cows that you would like to see more of.

Oh, and for next year, you might find it a little better if you switched bulls on those cows, you will add more power to the Mossy Oak with Sunseeker, and you will clean up the front more on that Meyer/Angus with Paleface.

OH Breeder

This is exactly what I was looking for. My nephew did the AI'ing last year. I would have switched them around as well. But, I didn't do the AI'ing it was done before I got there. I am excited about the Meyerx Sunseeker too. There was a young lady that had a Blazed face Chi that did very well on show circuit last year. I had the opportunity to buy her as a calf and turned them down on price $8000. After seeing how she turned out, it probably would have been a good investment. Really liked her overrall apperance. She really looked cowy the older she got.
I wasn't sure on the pale face cross either. But, I expect it will be a purdy ;) one with what you all have said.

Thanks for feed back.
I have a Who Made Who cow that I bred to 3 C Macho. I will let you know how that one turns out. She is freak necked and stout.smaller framed but real club calf momma. She is due in march. Time flys when you are having fun. It is like Christmas all over again when calving starts. I am always excited to see what comes.