Paul Harvey...God Made a Farmer...Super Bowl Ad

Help Support Steer Planet:

jsuhr

The best part about the commercial was that it is all true! It was by far the best ad all night and when it came on, like everybody else said, the room got quiet and we took in the moment. God Bless! (clapping)

RyanChandler

They might have went a little overboard stereotyping the avg American farmer/rancher  (lol)    (In reference to Coke's ad stereotyping Arabs as filthy rich camel jockeys)

I'd take that late 50's Case 600 over a dodge truck any day.  Sharp lookin tractor.

blackdiamond

It didn't make MSN's top 10 list...

Even though it's tremendous, and we all like it...

I noticed one thing on Facebook= my farming friends liked it, loved it, promoted it...

but my non-farming friends didn't seem to like it for whatever reason- took me a while of scrolling to find someone who didn't like it-- but I did find someone who didn't like it... 

I never did care for that girl anyways... (argue)

My concern is...  that if that work of art didn't pursue them-- then what will?  What's it going to take to get these people on board?

ALTSIMMY 79

Most meanigful commercial i have ever seen,  i was with a town dwelling group for the most part and they all were very impressed. The room got dead quiet , even the children listened. Proud to be a Dodge owner here,  times 2 !!!

Davis Shorthorns

I am a very proud dodge owner today... untill my dad who was borrowing the truck called and said it had a BAD fuel leak.  Oh well it gets a pass today.  GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN FARMER!! <beer>

wiseguy

As an Ag Teacher and son, grandson, and great grandson of a farmer this video really hit home. I was greated at school this morning by smiling children with one comment. "did you see the dodge commercial last night?"  We watched it in every class and I am not ashamed to say there was not a dry eye to be found.

JY

Freddy
I was there at Vic's field day also. Wasn't for sure about that plane getting landed. I remember the list of requirements he had like a place to take a nap before he spoke don't remember all the others but that figured into why he  was flown in. But did enjoy his speech and am very proud of Dodge and their ad it's too bad the folks who live in our cities don't  have any appreciation for how their food is grown

firesweepranch

wiseguy said:
As an Ag Teacher and son, grandson, and great grandson of a farmer this video really hit home. I was greated at school this morning by smiling children with one comment. "did you see the dodge commercial last night?"  We watched it in every class and I am not ashamed to say there was not a dry eye to be found.

I now teach community college level, and my students came in today (non-ag kids taking ag history for sociology units) and told me we had to watch it in class. So my college classes got to watch it, and we talked about it in detail. Great thing is, last week we left off talking about Agrarianism and whether it was an ideal still alive today or not. Great lead in with this commercial!!!

J2F

My question is for all the money the ag community pays for joining association and groups with promote breed, agriculture, corn, beans, rural life, and on and on in their mission statements then why was it Chrysler the one who promoted the farmer! You don't have to promote agriculture and rural life to farmers but to the rest of America and what better way then what Dodge did. I would love to see some groups team up next year and show everyone eating all the food at a super bowl party and at the end do a slogan "Thank a Farmer" and keep this going. Help  people to realize where their food comes from again can do nothing but help the country out.