PETA at the CO state fair.

Help Support Steer Planet:

KSanburg

They were at the Colorado state fair last year too, but I never saw anyone at their booth. Kind of like they set it up and were to embarrassed to sit in front of it. I always like listening in on what they spewed to the audiance and then add my side after they finished, seemed to always make them unhappy but when they say anything to you you just simply explain that you didn't try to interupt their mouth full of garbage and you would appreciate the same courtesy from them. That most of the time makes the people listening realize that PETA is nothing more than garbage. Even had a lady tell me one time she appreciated getting to hear both sides of the discussion.

ruhtram

herfluvr said:
Jason said:
Going to be at Kansas State Fair also, yay!

There was pretty big hubbub about allowing them booth space, but it was granted as long as they don't infringe with either something not tasteful or go outside the boundaries of their booth.

I agree, ignoring is the best policy.

I just surfed their site.  There is NO WHERE on it about ongoing helping of animals.  Just propaganda baout the "cruelty".  One article took my eye being a haorse person.  "36 hours on a truck to slaughter in Quebec"....What did they expect?  All the slaughterhouses closed in the US.  And they are shocked to find out they have to travel this far to meet death???  At least it wasn't to Mexico.  They got what they wished for and now the horses suffer long rides. 

Oh and yes I would Ignore them.  Would highly recommend enjoying a nice burger by their booth....maybe a pork chop....hmmm chicken sounds good too!  Just stand there and relish every bite.  Not saying a word.  Does the "nom nom" sound count?  ;)

I agree with you 100%

knabe

the closure is a plan.  with no place for the horses to go, it accentuates the problem.  it was in the plan all along.

it makes it easier to require licensing of horse ownership, forms, infrastructure and a whole host of other requirements to raise the hassle of horse ownership.

it's the same equation for almost everything the left does.  in their view, the individual must submit.

Sparkle

Spread the word my agricultural community.  Message to PETA:

P stands for People
E stands for Eating
T stands for Tasty
A stands for Animals

PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS!  Spread the word and enjoy your delicious and nutritious animals large and small!

knabe

Bunch of people should just stand by the booth with those sorts on or mill about as the cops would probably arrest them for not having a license to assemble.

justme

Today on news I heard they are filing a suit against the KS State fair for not letting them show graphic videos....thank goodness they avoided Missouri for once.

NHR

I like to stand in front of them and eat some BBQ ribs making sure to really enjoy myself!

bruiser

Around here we have an association called the "Honor Guard" a bunch of  and women along with other patriots who ride their motorcycles in every service members funeral procession. I've never heard of any yelling at families or disrespecting the funeral when they're around. The same should happen when these people show up at a fair. If they mind their manners they can stay, if not it's time someone shows them the door. Personally I'm tired of these jerks that try to impose their veiws on our kids.

sackshowcattle

It is actually really easy to get them to shut up. calmly and respectfully tell them they are barking up the wrong side of the tree at these shows. Explain to them that the livestock there are raised better that some children in this country. Then start listing all the things that really make them squirm. they are kept out of the sun on a really soft bed, some with air conditioning. They are fed premium vegan diets. they get bathed, and hair combed and conditioned daily. Some get chriopractic work and acupuncture. It is best to use terms that relate to them not what we use that seem so different. For trimming hooves use pedicures. In stead of using words like fit and adheasive use words like product and compair it to a make over to make them look pretty. The more it sounds no different from what they do to get ready daily the more they back off and hide.

RyanChandler

If all the current ag practices are acceptable, where do groups like PETA get the "graphic videos" that some fairs have banned?

knabe

you have to remember the vegans might not wear deordorant, shave at consistent intervals, even know what a pedicure is etc and would actually be repulsed by these things in humans as well.  they still don't care about bacteria.

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/

microbes have a soul too

lowann

When PETA starts pointing fingers at the cattle industry about "abuse/cruelty"... they have some explaining to do themselves!

Attachments

• 527039_10151183948552597_2072304758_n.jpg
    527039_10151183948552597_2072304758_n.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 172