pics of shortie babies

Help Support Steer Planet:

sigsigns

Thought that we would share our photos of some of our babies. :)

Attachments

• Felecity (Sonny) x Ace of Diamonds.JPG
    Felecity (Sonny) x Ace of Diamonds.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 618

sigsigns

more babies. Messed up and didn't get them on with other one ;)

Attachments

• Carla X Ace of Diamonds PB Hfr #29.JPG
    Carla X Ace of Diamonds PB Hfr #29.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 594
  • Cherrie x Ace of Diamonds #8 Bull.JPG
    Cherrie x Ace of Diamonds #8 Bull.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 598
  • Dbl Stuff Cow x Ace of Diamonds.JPG
    Dbl Stuff Cow x Ace of Diamonds.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 599

sigsigns

All are sired by Ace of Diamonds and then the roan is out of a DF Gold Eagle cow and the white bull calf is out of a Sonny cow, Red neck out of a Dbl Stuff cow and then the strawberry is out of a Sonny cow.
Yes we are extremely please with the way the bull is working on a wide array of cows and reports coming back in from other herds are great.
:)

NHR

Which Ace of Diamonds? There are 3 Ace of Diamonds listed on the Shorthorn web site. I would think that it is HI VIEW'S ACE OF DIAMONDS

sigsigns

yes Hi View's Ace of Diamonds Owned by Vogel Family Shorthorn, Melroe Farms, Todd Caldwell and Brandon Jones

shortyjock89

Very nice calves.  I think I may use Ace of Diamonds on a Sonny cow.  Do you know how many calves of his are on the ground?

sigsigns

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Very nice calves.  I think I may use Ace of Diamonds on a Sonny cow.  Do you know how many calves of his are on the ground?

We probably have about 35 head here and there are several across the US. Birthweights are consistently 85-95 pounds. 

BCCC

This is the first set of Ace of dimond calves I have seen, and I am VERY impressed (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup) (thumbsup)

Are you going to sell them??

sigsigns

The steer and heifer calves will be available on our Labor Day private treaty sale here at Vogel Family Shorthorns in Iowa. The bulls, and there are several nice ones, will be offered on a first come first serve basis on set prices. We purchased Ace of Diamonds from High View Shorthorns in WI and then sold semen interest to Melroe Farms, Todd Caldwell, and Brandon Jones.

sigsigns

Here is the picture that we got today of another  Ace of Diamonds heifer.

Attachments

• Sonny cow x Ace of Diamonds.JPG
    Sonny cow x Ace of Diamonds.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 304

coyote

That bottom roan calf looks like it maybe a TH carrier by the shape of its head. What does everyone else think?

TMJ Show Cattle

We live 2 miles from Hi View and love to go look at their calves (thumbsup)  Love the calves you have pictured here!!

TMJ

oakbar

Good to have you active on the site, Kris.    It looks like the Vogel breeding program is alive and well in Hartley!!

sigsigns

Thanks Lynn. It is going well now that the weather has finally turned the corner with some nicer days. Look foward to seeing you in Boone at Field Day with the Charmer cow