Pineywoods Fall Fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

sawboss

Well it is time for our County Fair, starts tomorrow afternoon and ends Saturday night.  My sons will be showing Market Goats Wednesday, Broilers Friday morning and Beef Heifers Friday afternoon.  Our fair has all exhibits except for steers, we do those in the Spring in conjunction with the rodeo.  Wish us luck, we need to make the sale line in order to offset feed bills, you know a profit is out of the question with the exception of the broilers and how I hate the nasty little critters.  This is chicken country so they bring the best prices in the show, Grand Champion sold for $5000 last year not a bad price for a $250 investment.

sawboss

Well one down two to go.  My boys stood 3rd and 4th out of 15 in their class of Market goats, Light Weights with little brother coming out on top.  He was happy because last year he did not make the sale.  Both goats made the top 25 in the sale order, total of 60 head.

garybob

Must be from East Texas, NW AR/SW MO, or, Appalachia. I'm from Broiler and turkey Country, too. Makes the BermudaGrass grow like gangbusters.

Latest posts