planning out 2015 show season

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dozer45

Just wrapped up at Denver and looking to hit it pretty hard this year. We are in western CO and are looking to hit up some more state fairs any suggestions? Our own fair is pretty lame anymore with only one to two entries per class.

creativecattle

If you can make it all the way out to Iowa they have an awesome Hereford show and its growing. The show has been pulling lots of exhibitors from WI and IL because their isn't the hassle of having to deal with all the city people and you get lots of cattle people through the stalls.

5PCC

Your STATE fair or COUNTY fair is lame with only one or two entries per class? And is that for just one particular breed, or most of the cattle breeds? Just curious.

Dozer45

Our state fairs entire open female show was done by 12 this year. None of the breeds are big but there is no Hereford show left we are just put in the "other" category now and we are getting tired of not being judged with other Herefords.

mainecattlemother

I know it is a long way but have you ever thought about Minnesota.  Our state fair has a lot of very good cattle and we do have an open show.  I am almost positive they have a Hereford show.  We are more Simmi breeders so we have entered in the open simmi show but like I said almost sure they have Hereford show.

GoWyo

The Wyoming State Fair open herf show around the second week of August doesn't have high numbers, but the competition is plenty stiff.

not to hijack your post, but I would like to follow as well...

I am looking for some actual OPEN shows in addition to our local county fairs.  We show simmies and I am usually put in the "other" class as well.  I dont mind but I would like a little more input from pertaining to my breed.

I am in KY and looking in the tri-state area.

DSC

Go big or stay home....Lol. If you want to hit a major state fair hit Iowa then go KC, Louisville, Denver, Fort Worth.