Please delete- Thank you-

Help Support Steer Planet:

LLBUX

Seeking to buy a tame steer to complete my young son's 4-H project.  
His current steer is nuts and I'll not take any chances.

Maybe you have a 1100 pound steer that has disappointed you and will not do well in the showring.
It is fine by me, we just need one that is halter broke so my son can complete his 4-H project.

Please PM if you have something of interest.  

I'm in central IL.

Thank you!

KKT

We have a 1200 pound Angus steer by Net Present Value or an 1100 pound steer by Heat Wave that are priced at $1,800. each. We are located in southern Wisconsin. The Heat Wave is very quiet. I would need to spend more time with the Angus.

A cell phone call is best at 262-443-3203.

Photos could happen this weekend.

justa cowman

sounds like you are wanting to give your son some other son's project so your son will get the credit remember its just 4-h and filling out the record books completes the project it's all about Lifes lessons ...Right?

gbart

Sure wish we were closer. Have a nice one that our 8 yr old daughter showed but we are in Texas. Good Luck and I hope you find one.

Doc

justa cowman said:
    sounds like you are wanting to give your son some other son's project so your son will get the credit remember its just 4-h and filling out the record books completes the project it's all about Lifes lessons ...Right?

No , it sounds like he cares more about his son than winning. He is looking for a steer that won't hurt his son. Doesn't care if it's good enough to win , as long as his son doesn't get hurt.

justa cowman

Doc said:
justa cowman said:

No , it sounds like he cares more about his son than winning. He is looking for a steer that won't hurt his son. Doesn't care if it's good enough to win , as long as his son doesn't get hurt.
Sorry Doc no way do i want any child to get hurt showing one that is dangerous but thats just how it is, some of them dont make it I bet lots more families than mine have had one not make the show, what I was questioning was getting a young 4h er [check 4h creed to see description] a completed a completed project to show as their own

LLBUX

Thank you to the folks who understand the situation. 

For the person who questions my ethics and morals here, would you feel differently if the steer died in a barn fire, got hit by a car, or bloated and died? Would it then be OK for me to buy another steer?  Maybe you just feel I am lazy.

What you don't know is that the 4-H office is aware of the situation.  I have also spoken to a member of the beef committee.  I'm not hiding anything.

We show at one fair each year.  I don't care if we place dead last.  I just want my child to have a safe experience.

We have very limited facilities for cattle.    I have done a lot to make it possible. My son feels it necessary to, in his words,  'carry on the family tradition'

I started working with the crazy steer last fall.  I work with him regularly and can handle him myself, but I am twice the size and 5 X the strength of my child.  I am continuing the work but am seeing no real progress in calming him down.

Maybe you are a better cattleman than am I.  I doubt though you are a more ethical cattleman.

gbart

Not sure if anyone has suggested this to you but if they haven't you might try giving Thaimine to the calf in his feed. It has a calming effect. I am one that does not like to put my child in the showring with a "crazy" calf either. I know alot that will dose the calf with calf calm for the kids to be able to handle them. Best of Luck to you and your son