Pregnant heifer in heat?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Wildmustang777

Hey!! So I have a heifer that was put with a bull February 7th and put back out for 4 days 18 days later... Well there was no signs of heat when she was put back out with bull and no signs after.... Until now... She is indeed in heat right now and is back out with the bull!!  :mad:

She has always been perfect at coming in heat a day 21 every single cycle she has had. I don't know why she came in heat this late??

Also just wanted to mention... She is one that has a LOT of discharge, but she didn't have any at all or dried on her until the bull bred her then it started pouring...

Thanks for all your help  :)

CRS

My guess is early embryonic loss, very common and it then messes up their days on cycle.  Our vet usually has us give Gnrh in case she has become cystic, it will do no harm if there is no cyst and if there is, she should hit the following cycle. 

Wildmustang777

Really!! That stinks  :-\

If she doesn't take this time I will definitely try that!!

Thanks for the response <beer>

Wildmustang777

Just did a little research on embryonic loss and it appeared to me that the heats would come early?? Hers was late!! Just trying to understand :)

Thanks

shortybreeder

Wildmustang777 said:
Just did a little research on embryonic loss and it appeared to me that the heats would come early?? Hers was late!! Just trying to understand :)

Thanks
Early is relative. Probably less than 21 days from the loss, but they don't lose it the day they're bred.

Wildmustang777

Ok!! Just took her away from the bull... Hopefully I get results that shes bred!!  ;D

Thanks!!