President's Speech

Help Support Steer Planet:

MYT Farms

Davis Shorthorns said:
PG said:
Doc said:
PG said:
The speech was good and I really felt like we have a President that seems like he is trying to do something about issues in the US... Unlike past presidents that give the same old speech and add to the problems that we already have.  I don't think that he will accomplish everything he said tonight but I hope he gives it his best to make sure that we move in that direction.  In case you missed it he will be saving allot of jobs, although unconventional, but I am willing to give him a chance to prove it to me than make narrow minded assumptions.  Time will tell....  :-\

Well, then he better get to saving those jobs. In case you didn't realize , in this stimulus check that he signed , there is more that will be spent in 2011 Thur 2014 than will be spent in the next 18 months(correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know about you but I know a lot of people that won't be able to hold on until 2011. Then throw in the fact that he will probably let the tax incentives run out in 2010 & will start taxing people that $250,000 or more about then, doesn't sound good to me. I mean I want him to succeed , you would be crazy not to. I just think he is going about it wrong, just like giving $900 million to rebuild the Gaza Strip back so the can blow it up again. That money needs to stay here.JMO.

Maybe he is going about it wrong... but a decisions have to be made and I am sure that he did not sit in a room alone and come up with this.... I am sure that there is a better way to go about it, but this is not a decision that can be made without effecting other issues..... To be honest anything that he (or any other president) would have come up with would have had a negative drop off in another area. I respect all the openions given because I don't care if it was McCain in office he would be getting the same criticism.... It is what it is...

McCain wouldn't have spent over a Trillion dollars in his first month in office!!!!  So no he wouldn't be getting the same criticism.  Then Obama started talking about the Trillion dollar deficit that he inherited!!!!  I wanted to leap through my TV and let him know what being fiscally responsible really means. 

Well, if you figure it out, there's a debt left for every single person in the U.S. of A to pay off this trillion dollar national debt. Well, some say it'll be $6000 of debt for me, my sister, my mom, my dad, my baby cousin etc. $6000 for everyone in the U.S. I wouldn't be surprised if it were more. Hate to think I have to start out life behind. BUT, that $8 or $18 a week or whatever I'll be getting from the stimulus package will surely pay off that 6 grand in a heartbeat! Oh well, he is president, and the only thing I can do now is pray that the good Lord gives him some wisdom in what he does.

knabe

PG said:
but a decisions have to be made and I am sure that he did not sit in a room alone and come up with this.

pelosi came up with the spending bill starting over two years ago.  obama had NOTHING to do with it.  obama sat in a room alone and didn't come up with a spending plan. 

in 1920, a decision to do NOTHING was made and that recession/depression lasted 18 months. 

in the depression 10 years later, we tried everything and it was only solved by the deposit of gold by europe into the amerian economy.

no one mentions that woodrow wilson imprisoned over 100,000 people who spoke out against the government.  FDR had his goon squads as well.  now we have political correctness.

just for fun, what specific program in the stimulus plan looks like it might work?

my solution.  keep the bush tax rates, (they are not tax cuts), get rid of the captial gains tax, and i guarantee you, overnight, the stock market would jump 10% followed by a streak never seen before.  the problem is government is incrementally converting to to high a percentage of the economy, reinforcing their interjection in the economy.

how much money does saudi arabia give gaza?

simtal

knabe said:
PG said:
but a decisions have to be made and I am sure that he did not sit in a room alone and come up with this.

get rid of the captial gains tax, and i guarantee you, overnight, the stock market would jump 10% followed by a streak never seen before.  the problem is government is incrementally converting to to high a percentage of the economy, reinforcing their interjection in the economy.

bingo......

knabe

News… “Illegal aliens can apply for mortgage relief under the Obama administration's $275 billion plan, according to immigration experts and a group the government will use to help homeowners modify loans. Steven Camarota, director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, D.C., told WND approximately 1 million households headed by illegal immigrants acquired mortgages through the beginning of 2007, before the housing bubble burst.

this is why obama is not my president.  he's illegal alien's president.  more proof government manipulates the economy based on mandated growth through illegal immigration and subversion of legal residents.  i wonder how many of these illegals are registered to vote?  of course he gave money to ACORN to sign them up to vote in the plan as well.

i'm still not seeing one actual line in the plan that has anything to do with stimulus. 

how about nuclear, offshore drilling, opening up the clean coal reserve.

more supply restriction from obama.  this is why he MUST FAIL, and the quicker the better because he shows NO signs of getting it.  the only thing he gets is to take capital from the private sector who create jobs.  he wants to create them himself.  It won't work, never has, never will.  the failure rate of this thinking has at least 2500 years of demonstrated failure.  you can't lift up a bucket while standing in it.

SouthWest

I thought he was the "Mesiah".  He has spent more money in his first 30 days in office than what the US govt. spent on Iraq + Afganistan + Hurricane Katrina.  Next week he is pushing for another spending bill of 410  Billion .  In the $410 Billion there are more than 9000 earmark (Pork Barrel spending).  He just asked last night to be fiscally responsible.  What about his govt. ?  What gets me is how there is $200,000 set aside for California for Tattoo removal.  What???  Is that fiscally responsible?  Or $2 million for Nebraska to control the barn (stable) fly.  I think the "Mesiah" needs to practice what he preeches.  Yes, Preeches.  I thought I was at church last night listening the speech. 

box6rranch

I heard somewhere along the way that in the new stimulus bill ACORN got another 2 billion!
I'm just disgusted. Obama needs to be in Hollywood not in the White House. Woohoo, what did they figure the average taxpayer is going to reap in their monthly paychecks? Something like 67.00, boy that's going to get us all far.
He is obligated to pay billions upon billions of dollars to pay back all the unions, corporations, governors, congressmen  whoever else supporters that got him in the White House. The regular American citizen is just a pawn in his game.

SouthWest

> Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House. One is
from Chicago , another is from Tennessee , and the third is from Minnesota
>
> All three go with a White House official to examine the fence. The Minnesota
contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some
figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about $900:
$400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."
>
> The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I
can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit
for me."
>
> The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White
House official and whispers, "$2,700."
>
> The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys!
How did you come up with such a high figure?"
>
> The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we
hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence."
>
> "Done!" replies the government official.
>
> And that, my friends, is how the new stimulus plan will work.

kobo_ranch

Heres what I think they're trying to do . . .

Picture a swimming pool, they say take this bucket  to the deep end of the pool and fill it up--then go to the shallow end and dump all that water into it.  Keep doing that over and over and over. . . . .

After all that what do you have??  :p :p  kinda sums it up . . .

YOU CANNOT MULTIPLY WEALTH BY DIVIDING IT.
THE GOVT CANNOT GIVE ANYTHING THAT IT DOES NOT FIRST TAKE FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

YOU CANNOT LEGISLATE THE POOR INTO FREEDOM BY LEGISLATING THE WORKING OR WEALTHY OUR OF FREEDOM.

FOR WHAT ONE PERSON RECEIVES WITHOUT WORKING, ANOTHER PERSON MUST WORK WITHOUT RECEIVING.

WHEN HALF OF THE PEOPLE GET THE IDEA THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE TO WORK BECAUSE THE OTHER HALF IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THEM, AND WHEN THE OTHER HALF GETS THE IDEA
THAT IT DOES NO GOOD TO WORK BECAUSE SOMEBODY ELSE IS GOING TO GET WHAT THEY WORK FOR . . . . .

THAT MY FRIENDS , IS ABOUT THE END OF A NATION. :'(

knabe

here's what you get when you give obama more and more chances.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96IRA1G0&show_article=1

From the GOP side, Rep. Jeb Hensarling of Texas said the legislation was "going to grow the government 8.3 percent ... but the family budget which has to pay for the federal budget only grew at 1.3 percent last year."

yeah, we just need to give him more chances.  to do what?

After persuading lawmakers to keep earmarks off the stimulus bill, Obama made NO such attempt on the first non-emergency spending measure of his presidency. The result was that lawmakers claimed billions in federal funds for pet projects—a total of 8,570 earmarks at a cost of $7.7 billion, according to Taxpayers for Common Sense. Majority Democrats declined to provide a number of earmarks, but said the cost was far smaller, $3.8 billion, 5 percent less than a year ago.

Among the earmarks was one sponsored by Rep. Howard Berman, D-Calif., who secured $200,000 for a "tattoo removal violence outreach program" in Los Angeles. Aides said the money would pay for a tattoo removal machine that could help gang members or others shed visible signs of their past, and anyone benefiting would be required to perform community service.

why not just start deporting the people who are responsible for 80% of violent crime, illegal aliens, while sealing the border.

knabe

Democrats also inserted a provision into the bill to end a program that allows students in the District of Columbia to use federal funds to attend private schools of their choice. Boehner, who helped establish the program as part of a political bargain several years ago, called the move "hideous."

we would NEVER want to give parents a choice.  We MUST be educated by the left.  NO CHOICE ALLOWED.  typical.

worthabit

Davis Shorthorns said:
TJ said:
Before Obama is out of office we may no longer be the U.S.A., we might become known as the U.S.S.A.    ;)

I don't know if I would joke around about that.  After the speach tonight with him talking about the Govt. watching over the banks making sure that they don't do anything that the govt. thinks are wrong doings. 
There is something to be said for regulation. Our banks up here are very strong and we are the only G7 country that did not have to bail out its banks.

GREENHAND

i guess we are on the wrong web-site, i have never heard so much complaining about a speech, i voted for McCain, but he lost. just wondering, if this plan works will any of you give our president any credit?

ruhtram

I'm sorry but if your an American, Obama is your president. weather you voted for him or not.

knabe

GREENHAND said:
i guess we are on the wrong web-site, i have never heard so much complaining about a speech, i voted for McCain, but he lost. just wondering, if this plan works will any of you give our president any credit?

if it doesn't, will you fault him?

exactly what should work?  i've given specifics, but i haven't seen any why obama's, oops, i mean pelosi's plan should work.  my comments are restricted to a thread and don't permeate other posts for the most part without explicit subject information.

do you really think this is obama's plan?  if you actually read the bill, there is absolutely no way anyone could have written and referenced different sections and other bills so quickly unless it was already in the queue.

the only plan i see, is 400 billion here, 750 there.  there must be some magic number that is actually enough money for government or some percentage of GDP that is enough.  

again, i challenge anyone to list specifics.  i'm not clear on what is stimulative about giving illegal aliens jobs and housing bailouts and suspending employee verification for work on anything within the spending bill for democratic contributors.  why should anyone get credit for that?  it's simply wrong.  it's buying votes.

so instead of just saying we need to give obama a chance, cite specific examples that you think will actually work.

you could say giving jobs to illegals and bailing them out on home loans is stimulative, but what it will do is create a magnet for even more spending when those jobs run out.

what exactly is in the bill that stimulates private investment without government subsidy?  that's why i say an elimination or suspension of capital gains would stimulate the economy.  eliminate the death tax.  but no, we need "hope".  Where are the people on obama's cabinet that have actual experience leading a company?  bringing a product to market?  working on the other end of government?  it's not change, it's not hope, it's crap.

Doc

King Arthur said:
I'm sorry but if your an American, Obama is your president. weather you voted for him or not.

Yuo're right he is the president of the US. I didn't vote for him & will never vote for him. But it's like Knabe said he didn't come up with this plan. They started working on in 2008. Now if it works (& I doubt it will) then he should probably get some credit for it, but not all the credit, the American people should get the majority of the credit for believing in this country & making it happen. Did you give Pres. Bush credit for gas prices going down last fall? Did you blame him when they went up last year? Obama talked about no pork in his future plans , but it sure is there.

Davis Shorthorns

I hope that he fails, I just hope that he fails soon enough that in next years elections we can take away the super majority that the dems have and stop them being able to push through anything and everything they want just because "they won so get over it"  So what if the economy clears up.  I will believe that the economy came back in spite of the spending bills not because of them.  Oh if he calls this unprecedented one more time I think that I will puke.  On the other hand I guess that it is unprecedented, a economic "crisis" with interest at almost 0%, unemployment at less than 10%, and inflation under 5% (I believe).  Also I firmly believe if he really had Americas best interest in mind he would quit being so dang negative.  Look at what happened 2 days ago.  Someone with some knowledge came out and said that the recession MIGHT end by the end of the year and what happened to the stock market.  If Americans believe that we are coming out of this they will start to spend some money and we can start reversing this trough in our economic CYCLE.