Problems Going to Bull Stud Places

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shadow Hill Farm

We have a bull stud place near us and now all of a sudden we can't go through and look at the bulls because of the government stepped in and put a stop to it? Has anyone else had this problem? It's really frustrating when you want to what the bull looks like in person and can't. :/

Shadow Hill Farm

I'm not really sure my dad had talked them. I think he said it was FDA. Could be wrong more than likely. Evidently when pulling the semen every time they enter the room to process they have to take their suit and put on something else (it almost sounds like disease outbreak clothing type or surgical procedures) do what they have to do and then put on a suit and go back out.

gary89

I went to Hawkeye breeders today. No problems there.  There were also other people wandering around looking at the bulls.

BTDT

Sounds like the bio-security on international semen bulls.  They are MUCH stricter on visits and bio-security protocols than on domestic bulls.  I know both Hawkeye and Nichols you can walk thru the barns on the domestic bulls, but the international bulls are in restricted areas.

jagerbeef

I went through Great Lakes Sire Service about a month ago and could go and see every bull there other than the ones getting collecting for international shipment.

CAB

Most bull studs have restricted areas. That is usually where they house quarantined bulls.

Shadow Hill Farm

Thanks!! We can's see any of them and we know the guys. I think this facility is completely shipping international. They have another place too not sure about that one because we've never been. If I see them I'm definitely going to ask if this place is strictly international only facility. Thank you everyone for your replies!! Happy Easter!