Prop 2 California - Knabe - did it pass?

Help Support Steer Planet:

M Bar

Curious as to see whether this will be voted in.  Spells bad things for animal agriculture in the future. 

knabe

overwhelmingly.

cities just hate agriculture.  always have, always will.  just look at the map.  same story every year.

vc

Did you like the way they got the downer dairy cow in the advertisement? There are several egg farms in our area and I have never seen the chikens in the kind of condition the add showed, bet they got that video in Mexico, the same place their eggs will be coming from real soon.

The Family that egg farms in our area claims it will cost them $2,000,000 to meet the new requirements and still produce the same amount of eggs.

knabe

vc said:
Did you like the way they got the downer dairy cow in the advertisement? There are several egg farms in our area and I have never seen the chikens in the kind of condition the add showed, bet they got that video in Mexico, the same place their eggs will be coming from real soon.

The Family that egg farms in our area claims it will cost them $2,000,000 to meet the new requirements and still produce the same amount of eggs.

raise the price before paying for it rather than after.  i think we should eat liberals.  not only does it eliminate a consumer each time, which is bad (consuming), it reduces global warming.  don't have to worry too much about their reproduction, as their rates are lower, but it just eliminates the waste products of just living.  reduces health care costs too.  it's all around just the right thing to do that's best for the country.

KCK

Here is an exert from a press release....
"...confined or tethered in a manner that prevents an animal from lying down, standing up, turning around or extending its limbs without touching another animal or an enclosure such as a cage or stall..."
I have friends wondering if that will have implications on the show industry.... I just hope no one would go after the youth, but I don't think these people are rational, IMHO.

knabe

KCK said:
"...confined or tethered in a manner that prevents an animal from lying down, standing up, turning around or extending its limbs without touching another animal or an enclosure such as a cage or stall..."
I have friends wondering if that will have implications on the show industry.... I just hope no one would go after the youth, but I don't think these people are rational, IMHO.

we just need to join hands with these people.

KCK

knabe said:
KCK said:

Could you explain why to me? Not being rude, just trying to expand my horizons. Thank you for your help.

knabe

KCK said:
knabe said:
KCK said:

Could you explain why to me? Not being rude, just trying to expand my horizons. Thank you for your help.

it's a joke from another thread where we just need to join hands with obama even though we disagree with him.

can't join.  he's not my president, just like all those other hand joiners who said bush wasn't their president.

KCK

knabe said:
KCK said:
knabe said:
KCK said:

it's a joke from another thread where we just need to join hands with obama even though we disagree with him.

can't join.  he's not my president, just like all those other hand joiners who said bush wasn't their president.

LOL- I just read that post and was going to toss that back at you for more clarification. Good thing I was deep in the board and catching up.