questioning things

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Yes, this might be considered a personal venting but I need to do it at times.

After receiving a PM from a member that felt I hadn't done enough on a post or hadn't done it quickly enough. I'm wondering if I'm the right person for this job.
I can't be on all the time & I just can't always play babysitter to everyone. If I receive a message that someone is having a problem w/ a thread or person I try to address it quickly. Sometimes it's not quick enough. I apologized to the person that my illness was a problem for not taking action sooner.

I'm not doing this to get pats on the back. I am just taking some time to question my position here.

Red

shortyjock89

Cathy-  I feel that we are (for the most part) adults on this board, and the younger members are quite mature.  If we can't get along without a babysitter, then something is wrong.  I think you do quite enough, and probably too much, and we're probably spoiled.  I just don't know why we can't resolve problems between ourselves civilly and without too much fuss.  I feel really bad that you feel like you HAVE to be here all the time. Of course, I, and MANY of us enjoy you being here, but I also know that those of us that like you here would like it so much better if you didn't have to worry about things like this.  You do what you feel is right, but we'll be here waiting for you if you decide you need more of a break.

Justin

CAB

Very well said Justin. Cathy you do beyond what you have to. Take care of yourself first. You need to for yourself and your family and friends. Your Friend, Brent

Simmymom1

(thumbsup)   Very well said, Justin!!  I totally agree with him on this Cathy, you are a wonderful moderator and a great person to talk to.  You are doing a great job, but you do not need to be on here "babysitting" people.  We all want you to get back to 100% healthy and worrying about people on this board is not going to help.  Please take care, and don't worry!!!!

SWMO

Take care of yourself first.  Your health is much more important to me than stressing over babysitting a bunch of adults who should already know better.

Common civility needs to be used in all posts and in all of our dealing and interactions with people.

People on this board should be addressed just as you would address them in a face to face conversation and just as you would want to be addressed. We shouldn't need Cathy to tell us to act with civility and respect.

knabe

i can't stand free speech.  i'm in a new club that provides support for the professionally offended.

fire fire fire.

justme

What I think people forget is....1. She's sick she has good days and bad days.  2.  Cowz and Red do this for free and fun...there are 2 other moderators too  3. She doesn't need extra stress...the person I think that upset her is the person she was trying to help out.

Cathy you take your break...you deserve it!  Now don't kick KK...give him a hug you'll feel better

cattlejunky

As many of you have said, most of us are adults.  My thought is if you do not want someone to get on you  for something you post then don't POST.  Red is not here to fight your battles.  People are going to disagree with you and that is life.  If you ask for an opinion most members will give it to you honestly wether you like it or not.
RED you are great!  Keep up the good work.

fluffer

Red,
Oh, my goodness, are you kidding me!  Get over it people, it isn't red's job to clean up after everyone.  If you don't like what someone says about you or whatever the case may be, don't read it, don't respond, don't worry about it!  Red, I'm just happy to see you posting on here!  You have had a tough battle and your still fighting, don't let anything that happens on this site mess with you!  Your too important to us!

Fluffer

Cattledog

I am with everyone here.  As a newer member to SP I have always looked up to Red and what she does on here!

Jill

We LOVE having you as a moderator on this board, you make it both pleasant and educational.  You have been a very sick girl and don't need extra stress at this point in your life, there are some very immature folks out there that need to grow up and that isn't your problem, you keep doing what you do and we will keep loving you for being you.

Show Heifer

Justme is right, there are a total of 4 (yes FOUR) moderators for this board.
Your health should come first in your life Cathy.
The other moderators should be able to step up when you are having a down time.
So, take care of yourself, and I think we can take care of ourselves.  ;D

doubled

Red  - All of the above is true -YOU ARE AWESOME, THE BEST AND HAVE SPOILED ALL OF US ROTTEN- remember be kind to yours self and
the heck with what people think- we still all luv ya -  <party>

red

thanks guys. I would like to make a request. If you are having a problem or issue w/ someone, go to Jason right now.
I know some don't like personal angst. As many of you know I suffer from depression. This has been a really bad week. When I got the added stress I just crumbled. I want to remain here & enjoy helping but to be honest the volume & membership has gotten too much for me to handle. Just think, 7 more members & we hit 2200! Wow, that is awesome.

I thank everyone for the kind words & just be patient w/ old Red here.

Red

inthebarnagain

Red, you are a true gem!  There is always going to be someone unhappy despite what anyone does.  You have become a true friend to me and I appreciate ALL you do.  I hope I finally get to meet you at the NAILE if you feel well enough to come!

Lisa

red

one of our Pastors was out today to read the Bible & give me Communion. It's funny how that lifted my dark cloud. I think one of the things I've missed the most has been Church.

Red

rex

red said:
one of our Pastors was out today to read the Bible & give me Communion. It's funny how that lifted my dark cloud. I think one of the things I've missed the most has been Church.

Red

can i have some of your karma, how did you get that many, I got none

oakbar

Red needs all the karma she can get right now---take all of mine instead.  I'm a grumpy old guy that doesn't need it!!