Quick Breeding Help!

Help Support Steer Planet:

tadpole

I have a cow that is standing this morning and was kinda wondering what i should use on her.  She is out Hibma's bull Hotshot (Kadabra x Meyer) and out of a draft pick cow.  She is very very thick, has good bone, good topped, hairy, really really longed necked, but iis pretty small.  I have bred her once to TC Gridtopper but didnt catch and I was wondering what you guys think might work on her.  In the tank I have TC Stout, TC Gridtopper, Nighty Night, Apollo, Dr. Who, My Turn, Mamas Boy, Monoply, and Hired Man. I was thinking about maybe trying monoply but was wondering what you guys thought.  Im only 16 so im not the greatest on picking which bulls I want to use on certain cow yet (I change my mind alot haha). Oh she is has a white face, socks, and belly.

BCCC

Well none of the bulls you have are really gona make her bigger (however I do not know who TC Stout, TC Gridtopper, Nighty Night, Apollo are) But out of Dr. who, monopoly, and My Turn could work on her, however i wouldnt use hired man. If you are able to get some Sun Seeker, thats what I would do and it will make her bigger

red

I don't know if I'd use Sun Seeker since she might be a PHAC & the calf could test for both defects. JMO
Personally I'd use Mamma's Boy on her. Especially since she has the white. However after thinking that one over, she's already got some 734 in her & it might not be the best. You linebreeders what do you think?

Red

inthebarnagain

I have always heard Meyer back on Meyer works.  Personally I bred two cows that are Meyer/Anchor daughters back to a Meyer/23-4.    We shall see!!!

red

After looking at Apollo he might do the trick. He's a SunSeeker son but clean for defects.

Good luck on whatever you choose!

farmboy

APOLLO **new Spring 2007
Sire: Sun Seeker
Dam: Voo Doo (donor) - Witch Dr. x Angus
DOB: March 25, 2006
BW: 82 pounds (unassisted)

TH and PHA FREE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Semen: $20/unit
Available through owners and all major US distributors.

Attachments

• apollo.jpg
    apollo.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 493

txshowlamb

maybe a pic of your cow would help us see how big and thick she so we could see which bull would be best