% RED ANGUS SHOW AT IOWA STATE FAIR

Help Support Steer Planet:

cpubarn

She looks great!  Sorry I didn't get back on in time to guess.

Good luck with the sale!

Pleasant Grove Farms said:
Thank you Gonewest for the interesting post!

For everyone's information Gonewest does the website for our farm and when I sent
him the pic of this half Simmi half Red Angus heifer that we are selling to put on the website, he was so impressed with her, he posted here.....
resulting in an interesting discussion.

For those that don't believe the % red angus show in Iowa will have any "productive" oriented
females in it, what could be more productive than this F1 cross?  She is so versatile.
TH and PHA free by pedigree, she can be bred to clubby bulls; she can be upgraded with a Simmi
sire or Red Angus sire; breed her to a pb bull of a big growth breed and she will produce that 3-way ultimate heterosis cross feeder calf that the feedlots pay a premium for.
But at the same time, she is very attractive to look at.

She is selling this Saturday in "The Simmental Source Sale" at Sioux Falls Regional Livestock in Worthing, SD as Lot 32; a half sister to her is Lot 33.
Link to the catalog is http://edjesales.com/eberspacher/south_dakota/
Sale is managed by Eberspacher Enterprises.
All contact info is in the online catalog.

BadgerFan

she is a nice heifer, and my point absolutely was not to suggest otherwise.  But using her only as an example- you have a % Red Angus show, a % Simmental show and a crossbred show- all of which she'd be eligible for.  How does one decide where to show her? What about a % anything makes them different than a commercial or crossbred?

aj

It just lloks like to me you are encouraging the same ole look that every breeds youth % shows exibit. The th look....the heatwave look......the hair and structural problems. I just hate to see every breed look exactly alike......the good ole show ring junior exibitor calf look. jmo