Red Maine Bulls?

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

stud muffin has some rare outcross fullblood genetics about 4 generations back and has a tuckus and some thickness for a fullblood, in spite of the fact he's in pretty good condition in that pic. 

that said, i can't vouch for him being able to throw himself.

red

Mindale Farms in northeast Ohio bred him. I think there was a fullblood son that sold at last year's expo.
I was really disapointed that the only fullblood was scatched at this year's sale.

Red

Jill

We have tried to stay away from reds so I really haven't paid that much attention to the new red ones out, but I knew the red one that DeRoucheys had in Denver last year was pretty good.  I is too bad that there aren't more fullbloods out there and that there hasn't been much improvement in that area, you hate to loose that history.

milkmaid56

i had three stud muffin calves about two years ago.... out of a limo/maine heifer he threw a really tall red bull calf...thick but just very tall. the steer finished out at around 1375.  second cow was a super small framed maine heiferthat had a heifer.  very unusual markings on her head...kept that one and she just calved a couple days ago.  last one was out of a maine/brangus black baldie.  had a heifer that was super clean fronted and very flashy with a lot of chrome on her.  sold her as a show heifer.  two were pulled, one unassisted.  i was happy with the calves and would use him again but probably not on heifers.

P-F

The red Habanero bull that sold at expo was a real stud Lot 19 Mulder big red 1T, hE IS A MATERNAL BROTHER TNAT PARKER
If we were to use a red maine bull I would find out who bought him and see if they were going to offer semen.

AMAA 380239

Habanero has a tremendous red streak, I have never seen a red Habanero that I didn't like.

knabe

cow side is interesting, you get atan without cunia through chicago, and revival's got some unique timon cross all the way back.

nice to see some different genetics

Doc

P-F said:
The red Habanero bull that sold at expo was a real stud Lot 19 Mulder big red 1T, hE IS A MATERNAL BROTHER TNAT PARKER
If we were to use a red maine bull I would find out who bought him and see if they were going to offer semen.

AMAA 380239

Habanero has a tremendous red streak, I have never seen a red Habanero that I didn't like.

Gotta agree with you on lot 19. Toed out a little on that left front foot, but walked out real well & didn't affect him any. Really had some meat in him!

Telos

BCCC said:
where can I find some more info on Jim Dandy at?? bw's?? frame size?? Thanks a lot

Zane Martin in Montana bred him but is now owned by Henry McCulloch in Texas. Google, McCulloch Cattle Co., for more info.. Henry is a very cool guy and breeds awesome Fullbloods. He has a great set of impressive cows.

red

P-F said:

AMAA 380239

That was the bull we wanted. He was awesome from the nephew's description. Sorry we didn't bid high enough. Feel like we missed the boat.

Red

Latest posts