Rowe's sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

It was an interesting sale. Some of the heifers & cows went really good. Money Honey sold for 1/2 interest for 21K. The SS cow sold for $6,500.
Some of the heifer brought some good money. I really didn't see a huge relationship between clean vs carrier. Gene's own cattle brought probably on the average more.
There were some really good buys though. We probably went a little wild & bought 12 heifers for an average of $820. Most were out of gold Club ( yes, I continue being a pawn for him) & will be either replacement heifers or go to the feedlot. I might take 2 for myself.
Overall, the cattle looked great, the weather was cool & the crowd decent.
If anyone wants a paticular price, let me know. I have them all but there are too many to list.

Red

CJB

Very good sale, other than the weather.  Would have to agree with red on the fact of Gene's own cattle and bloodlines being worth more $$$.  There were good buys throughout the sale.  Still kicking myself for letting a couple open heifers go for under the money, but I wasn't there looking for replacement heifers and hadn't given any of them a good enough look presale.

Red, which heifer lots did you end up with? 

red

We bought lots 14, 25 A&B,31, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 184, 185 & 203.
Like I said some really good replacement heifers & maybe a possible show heifer in lot 14.

Red

knabe

really liked lot 101 angus cow, your partigirl cow, 157.  what did they bring, they were outstanding?

red

The cows on a whole were really good looking. I only saw one that I questioned her udder on. The rest were nice looking cows. Well kept & in good condition.
Lot 101:$1600
Lot 157: $2800

knabe

thanks red, i'm assuming 101 because of her age.  she was a nice looking cow.  i'm in the wrong part of the country.  both of those cows i would like to see some fullbloods on.  sigh.

P-F

The Lot 101 was nice she brought what she did because of age and she doesn't flush 1-2 eggs tops
We have a real nice VRD daughter, that flushes really well and have thought about Cunia on if you are interested.

red

Knabe- you can't go wrong w/ Pohlman's. Some of the nicest & honest people out there. I stake my reputation on them.

Red

Latest posts