Saddle Broke Longhorns For sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

PremierLonghorns

Hi Everyone!
We have a super selection of Riding Texas Longhorns For sale.  A couple of beautiful well started coming yearlings,  trained to drive in harness & do tricks,  a 2 1/2 year old that has been used for photo shoots & private parties (and you can do rope tricks standing on his back)  Plus, what we believe to be THE LONGEST HORNED Riding Steer Ever, a mature superbroke Parade Steer that has a horn spread of 92 inches tip to tip. For more info & pix ,
Visit us at    www.premierlonghorns.com/RidingLonghorns.html

Attachments

• April26,2008 001.jpg
    April26,2008 001.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 311
  • SinatraRopeTricks2.jpg
    SinatraRopeTricks2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 320
  • Mufas 3102008.jpg
    Mufas 3102008.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 302

PremierLonghorns

Yes, Texas Longhorns are pretty wonderful..and special! They are just so intelligent and affectionate. People who own Longhorns love thier Longhorns. I have to add another few photos. Hope you enjoy them!

Attachments

• Mufasa 5.jpg
    Mufasa 5.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 276
  • ClayBaileywGusAbrams.JPG
    ClayBaileywGusAbrams.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 271

Bawndoh

How do you go about hauling them in a trailer when their horns are so large?  Also, do they know how to fit them around tight spaces or do they sometimes stumble in awkwardness?  Just curious...I know most cattle with horns learn how to menouver them quite well!

PremierLonghorns

Bawndoh said:
How do you go about hauling them in a trailer when their horns are so large?  Also, do they know how to fit them around tight spaces or do they sometimes stumble in awkwardness?  Just curious...I know most cattle with horns learn how to menouver them quite well!

To answer your question; Mufasa, the steer with 92 inches Tip To Tip rides in a stock trailer loose with horses.  And by the way, if you are at an event with a hundred trailers, he KNOWS which one belongs to him. Even a steer like this will easily go through a four foot gate. Longhorns just tilt their head. They all do it. Then they can fit thru any space the width of their body. They know where the tips of their horns are just as we know where the tips of our fingers are. And they are very careful about what they touch. But mostly they use their horns as tools and to scratch hard to reach places! We've  all seen them pick up their babies off the ground and put them on their feet by swooping them up with their horns-Mamas and Bulls both do it.  Longhorns are about as surefooted as any breed. Though they are quite athletic being wiry. We see a lot more professional bucking bulls with Longhorn breeding. Thanks for asking!

justme

Just out of curiosity, what does one like the one pulling the cart run pricewise?  Also, I'm studying the pictures....there isn't a bit in there mouth is there? Are you attaching reins to the noselead?

PremierLonghorns

justme said:
Just out of curiosity, what does one like the one pulling the cart run pricewise?  Also, I'm studying the pictures....there isn't a bit in there mouth is there? Are you attaching reins to the noselead?

The calves like Premier Dusty Trails who is less than a year old are trained by voice command with longlines attached to their halter. When they are older, many people will put in a nosering and then snap a pair of reins to it for riding & driving for added control. For pricing & more info/pix on our trained steers, please visit us at:

www.premierlonghorns.com/RidingLonghorns.html

Our steers are all  A.I. bred, registered Texas Longhorns, with excellent conformation & disposition specifically bred to be Riding Steers, imprinted at birth and trained from DAY ONE to be companion animals. So, pricing is reflective of those facts and influenced by the amount of time & training somebody has put into that individual. Ususally, Trained Steers are comparable to the price of wellbred registered Quarter Horses.

Latest posts