San Antonio Steers

Help Support Steer Planet:

DCC show cattle

The simmi was reserve I was proud to have sold the Champion Chianina calf and will proudly stand behind those two but Ill be honest with yall I think we came pretty darn close to playin with the big boys

rackranch

congrats....We were in class 5 chi so I didn't see your steer till the drive and he really looked good.  I thought he would pick the class five to win it and it caught me off gaurd when he went to to class three. Then the more I looked at him the better he got.  I like the way he lined the cattle up except for class five chi where he left us in the crying  hole seventh. (lol)  congrats again on the big win..

BTW from what I understand the champ is a full sib to 08 houston steer and not a clone or a solid gold..

DCC show cattle said:
The simmi was reserve I was proud to have sold the Champion Chianina calf and will proudly stand behind those two but Ill be honest with yall I think we came pretty darn close to playin with the big boys

DCC show cattle

I heard 85000 on grand and 45000 on reserve our champ chi was an Ali X Heatseeker/alias (full sib to bojo from glover) we were also shocked to beat the class 5 that calf was good and super stout we were just more of a stylish package but the class 5 was a fantastic individual

Bucker

Thanks for the Compliments on the class 5 winner.  It was exciting for us and I appreciate all of the support that we received while at the show.  He was a full brother to Milkman.

chambero

Could you post some photos of your Class 5 winners or direct us to photo numbers on the Show Champions website.  I'd love to see them.

chambero

I really find it fascinating that full sibs to two major bulls were both class winners in the Chis at SA.  Talk about tough comp.

DCC show cattle

for certain if you want another fasinating fact is that the champion chi calf that I sold was bought out of glovers pasture bid off sale by birkhead cattle co. in that sale the calf did not get a bid!

Bucker

chambero said:
Could you post some photos of your Class 5 winners or direct us to photo numbers on the Show Champions website.  I'd love to see them.

Bk11-8-5629
Ab11-8-1367

Bradenh

DCC show cattle said:
for certain if you want another fasinating fact is that the champion chi calf that I sold was bought out of glovers pasture bid off sale by birkhead cattle co. in that sale the calf did not get a bid!
im glad for that  (lol) from what i heard we were fixing to almost be showing against this calf at county. . .

DCC show cattle

braden who told you that? The only people that would have had this one at grimes county was yall but the family that had the champion steer at walker county that i sold last year never even came and looked at this one!

zak

Anyone know if the champ steer showed at fort worth? And DCC did the steer you sold show at fort worth?

zak

DCC show cattle

Zak our calf did not show a fort worth I only had two steers show at fort worth 1 of them was classed out of the abc (darn good one at that) and the other was second place class 11 exotic which was a red monopoly

afhm

zak said:
Anyone know if the champ steer showed at fort worth? And DCC did the steer you sold show at fort worth?

zak
No the champ did not show at Fort Worth.  They showed a black one there.

Latest posts