Scottish national winter fair

Help Support Steer Planet:

woodyc

WOW what a freak show. Do these females raise calves in normal conditions or do they just flush them for terminal steers? Over the years Ive seen the Shorthorn influenced cattle similar to these in many publications. And in the field raising calves. At least from a few cattle show pictures it appears that the Irish have resisted again -like back from the 30s on when the smaller Scotch Shorthorns began to take hold.
A lot of these guys would flush heifers to produce pedigree bulls or embryos for selling then sell the female as a youngish cow there is big money In the beef shorthorns just now in the UK of its roan and shapely it will sell no problem very few people in the UK know or Indeed care about the beef quality as long as they think they can buy a show winner

mark tenenbaum

A lot of these guys would flush heifers to produce pedigree bulls or embryos for selling then sell the female as a youngish cow there is big money In the beef shorthorns just now in the UK of its roan and shapely it will sell no problem very few people in the UK know or Indeed care about the beef quality as long as they think they can buy a show winner
That sounds familiar LOL

Hopster1000

is it just the single carriers you sold?
It was all single carriers I sold. I only have a small herd of 15 cows (have also full time job). So I am down to 8 cows now. Some have went for breeding to a commercial herd as they like the shape.
I have one heifer that is a carrier that I am keeping as she has a lot of the attributes that I want and her dam didn't give trouble (don't necessarily want to throw the baby out with the bathwater).
On a side note, all the myostatin carriers would have got it from North American breeding. Perfect Storm, Captain Mark, Triple A 8K, Patent 8161, Trump, Buster 14K, Matrix, plus a couple others. Some breeders over here have grabbed that ball and ran with it.

Latest posts