Serious Business(the bull)

Help Support Steer Planet:

rjb

I am looking to use this bull on a cow were flushing. What kind of calves is he throwing?

CAB

I think that h e was displayed in Denver 2010. You can go to cattle.com/videos and see him and a calf sired by him.

rjb

I've seen of the bred hfrs he's sired. Just wondering if there are any calves on the ground this ye how they look and what type of cows they used him on. Thanks

SEA

Is this bull Serious Business, from the mating of the Maine Anjou bull Serious Business x the WAG Harietta Cow?

rjb

No.  It is a bull that Bushy Park owns.  He is out of strictly business out of a candian cow. I know he was born in 06 and intruduced in the states the last couple yrs.  Was hoping some people from up north had used him or any ones has some calves on the ground this yr and what type of cows he is working on

knabe

rjb said:
No.  It is a bull that Bushy Park owns.  He is out of strictly business out of a candian cow. I know he was born in 06 and intruduced in the states the last couple yrs.  Was hoping some people from up north had used him or any ones has some calves on the ground this yr and what type of cows he is working on

bushy park purchased an interest in the bull i think.  i don't think they own him outright.

call canada.  the bull has a few people that own shares besides bushy park and wilson's.

rjb

I understand that I have left a message for some of the people at bushy park. But don't know anybody from Canada and was hoping there were enough people on here that would give some feedback.

corner gas

I am from Canada and have seen the Serious Business bull every year since he was a calf. I have also seen his calves every year at Wilsons. I do not own shares in the bull and have only had a handful of calves out of him that were out of females that I bought from Wilsons as bred females. His biggest down fall is the fact that he has only been bred to about 50 head per year. Once the calves hit the ground in the U.S. and as the summer goes on and everyone sees what he does at Bushy Park I think he will take off like wild fire. This bull is very consistent and I think he will be a breed changer. He is a bull that still sires that show ring look and style but he also throws unequalled rib shape and muscle down in that lower third. His calves are extremely sound and he throws excellent hair. His femalles are making excellent mothers as they are able to keep their condition after they calve and they milk real well. These Serious Business cattle are extremely easy doing and that is important with todays rising feed costs. He works well on a vaiety of cows as he will add rib, thickness, hair, keeps them sound and does it all in a moderate frame. you can use this bull with confidence. A son was Reserve Maine bull in Denver this year.

Telos

There is another son that was reserve Maine bull at the Agribition; WLW Billy Bob's Business owned by Wilson's which is different then the Denver Reserve . Both are extremely nice but the Charolais that won Champion at the Agribition is just amazing. He is near perfect IMO.

I have followed the cow families of Serious Business's maternal side for a number of years and his dam is a very unique cow within the Maine breed. He goes back to one impressive looking cow. Billy Bob's Business is slightly line bred to that cow family.

Check it out.
http://grantspix.smugmug.com/Champions-Online/Canadian-Western-Agribition/14803416_42iqB/1/1105770341_tagg7#1105770535_CRAgH-A-LB

rjb

Thank you both so much that's exactly what I wanted to hear. The donor we have is amazing sound as a cat long bodied and choked necked but could use a little more belly and hair. We flushed her to smiling Bob to her already but think her true potential is raising heifers and don't want to keep putting TH bulls on her just yo get hair! Thanks again guys much appreciated!