Shorthorn Jr. Nat'ls

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortdawg

Anybody got a place between Shreveport and Lawton that I could rest our calves for a few hours if we can't make it nonstop?

shorthorns r us

i am to close to the end to stop but might be able to help.  aren't the guidry's in northern la. won't you be going through north tx? rasor is just a bit north of dallas. if you were going to be on I-40, i could help alot more. i just don't know many folks in east tx.

shortdawg

I hadn't planned to that close to Rasor's and the Guidry's are in Bell City which is down near the Gulf. I plan to by-pass Dallas as much as possible and go on up through Witchita Falls to Lawton. If I go in on I-40, I'll have alot more big cities to go through between here and there.

shorthorns r us

my bad on the guidrys.  i thought i had gone to bell city during the la state fair several years ago but wherever i went was only about 20 min from shreveport.

AAOK

Maybe I just don't understand, but it's less than 8 hours from Shreveport to Lawton.  Why would you need to rest the calves?  We have hauled up to 24 hours without getting out the calves.  Never had a problem.  The calves have all week to get settled.

shortdawg

We are coming from GA with three calves, an 8 yr. old, a 3 yr. old, and that is where we will be late Sunday night.

AAOK

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Now I get it. :)))

red

With the heat & the kids it's a good idea. we always stopped someplace on the way.
Plus it gave hubby a break from driving & a chance for a nice shower!
Red

afhm

There are numerous sale barns along  I 20 that you could stop at.  I haven't found one yet that wouldn't let someone lay over for a day.  It would be sooner than you planned on stopping, but I bet the Hinds Community College in Raymond, MS right outside of Jackson would let you stop.  If you calves aren't very crowded in the trailer and bedded down and hayed well they should be OK to go straight through.  If you want to avoid Dallas then don't go I 20 it runs right through it, whatever you do don't get on the loop around Dallas I think its 620, it is terrible 24 hrs/day.

afhm

Forgot to mention, plan on either bringing or buying plenty of bedding, all of the stalls are concrete.  Also all the fans you can carry, that barn is almost unbearably hot in the summer.  Last year during the Limmy's it was well over 100 every day.

shortdawg

Kids slept, I drove, made it to Denton for a little shut eye and on to Lawton today. Thanks for the suggestions I may need them more on the way back(already wore out).

OH Breeder

Shortdawg,
Let us know how it all turns out. give us the skinny on the good ones and some pictures if you might of yours....

red

Best of luck Shortdawg!
Keep safe & you are all in our prayers to make it back home OK!

Red

red

I'm trying to get the show on www.liveauctions.tv but can't seem to get it to play.
Anyone else having any luck?

Red

shortdawg

The appendix females, bulls, steers, and bred-and-owned are tomorrow. Except for the 95 degree heat all is going well. Both my boys done well in showmanship and my oldest made the semifinals of his age group. We'll show our prospect steer tomorrow and our heifers Sat.

red

anybody else having trouble pulling the liveauctions up? It gets to 73% download & stops. Have DSL so not sure of problem. Would love to see show if possible.

Red