Shows in Florida.

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

Feb and March everyone is having their county fairs. Most of our prospect shows are during Sept-Jan.

Jill

Wow, you guys are just the opposite of us, our county fairs are in July and Aug, State Fair is in Sept and most of the prospect shows are March and April.

SKF

Thats because here in Florida it is way to hot during July and August.

shortdawg

Uluru, Our State Show in GA is from Feb. 20th to 24th in Perry, GA. It is a huge show and is very competitive. You should stop by if possible. Also our place is only 49 miles from the FL line. Stop by if it's where you can. 

uluru

Shortdawg

I will keep that in mind. I like the area around Perry and usually stay there overnight when I am driving back and forth.
Not that far from where I stay in FL.

shorthorns r us

uluru said:
I am going to be in Florida during most of Feb and March.
What shows are on during that time in FL.?

what brings you south of the border for such an extended period of time?  "None of your Business" is an acceptable answer!

uluru

SRU
No problem
To get away from the cold and snow.
I am semi retired and spend a good part of the winter back and forth from FL
I will be flying back for meetings in Feb and March

Shortdawg.
I replied to your pm but may have fouled it up.
I will be in Clearwater by the 20th and may go back up to Perry for the show for a day or so.
Thanks for the info.

jlcattle

For the Month of February you can see shows at the State Fair in Tampa. floridastatefair.com has the schedule.  I beleive it's from the 6th -17th. We show the 11th at 4pm non-registered and the 12th at 11am AOB.

March, I suggest you go to the Strawberry Festival in Plant City another nice show. flstrawberryfestival.com will give you the dates.

If you go to fl-ag.com and look to the right of the page about 3/4 way down you will see an icon for Florida fairs and festivals.  Most of the fairs have web-sites so you can see thier schedule. 

Have a safe trip here and enjoy our sunshine!!

Laura Jo

Clubcalfshowgirl

Selina Williams steer and heifer will be at the FL strawberry festival > her steer was wining most of the prospect shows in FL (cow)

quote author=jlcattle link=topic=2989.msg33697#msg33697 date=1201797479]
For the Month of February you can see shows at the State Fair in Tampa. floridastatefair.com has the schedule.  I beleive it's from the 6th -17th. We show the 11th at 4pm non-registered and the 12th at 11am AOB.

March, I suggest you go to the Strawberry Festival in Plant City another nice show. flstrawberryfestival.com will give you the dates.

If you go to fl-ag.com and look to the right of the page about 3/4 way down you will see an icon for Florida fairs and festivals.  Most of the fairs have web-sites so you can see thier schedule. 

Have a safe trip here and enjoy our sunshine!!

Laura Jo
[/quote]

jlcattle

Who is Selena Williams and what steer did she take to the shows?  I can think of 6 shows off the top of my head that Deven Dewey won Grand with his steer.

mpcattle1

Selena won the following shows in Florida:
Kissimee-one of the days she was Grand The other day she was Reserve
George Jenkins Classic
Marshall Invitataional
Hills. Co Fair
Chobee Roundup
Manatee County Prosepct

I only know that because it was one of our calves.

SKF

That was a nice steer she had . Were in Florida are you?