SKUNKED -- a real LOL from Nebraska

Help Support Steer Planet:

TMJ Show Cattle

sure glad I wasn't sleepin on the couch....not sure what would have woke me up first, the smell or the WORDS !!! LOL  (thumbsup) 

midway6376

Yeah I've had skunks on the porch before and they spray the dogs, the house and everything else around them. It usually takes a couple weeks for that smell to go away.

jbw

I've been sprayed myself, I found the best way to get rid of the skunk smell. Goes as follows. Fill the tub up with the hottest water thet you can possibly stand, put 2 pounds sugar[prefer brown sugar] one bottle of molassas, stir it all up very well. soak in there until the water cools down to room temp. and then stand up, now this is the most important part.....dump two cups fox urine over your head and air dry! guaranteed not to smell the skunk anymore!!!!!!! ;D

RSC

jbw said:
I've been sprayed myself, I found the best way to get rid of the skunk smell. Goes as follows. Fill the tub up with the hottest water thet you can possibly stand, put 2 pounds sugar[prefer brown sugar] one bottle of molassas, stir it all up very well. soak in there until the water cools down to room temp. and then stand up, now this is the most important part.....dump two cups fox urine over your head and air dry! guaranteed not to smell the skunk anymore!!!!!!! ;D
LOL,  That is darn funny!  I needed that.

RSC (clapping)

worthabit

I had bbq'd for supper onne night and it was dark when I finished and went back out to cover the grill. My 5 month old heeler was the first one out the door and there was the skunk licking the fat drippings off the bbq. You can imagine what the pup did. The skunk hissed and backed up to the house and sprayed the house (thank goodness) then took off with Dixie in hot pursuit. I didn't know how I was going to get her back but she loves riding in the truck so I started it up and she came running and jumped in... the only problem with this was we were trading the truck the next day! Luckily since she wasn't sprayed directly the smell wasn' t that bad and a can of frebreeze did the trick! ;)

Davis Shorthorns

Last year a good buddy's dog got nailed.  She then proceeded to run back inside the house where she jumped onto his bed and started to roll all over.  He had to get a brand new bed.

farmboy

we had a skunk in a live trap and i was throwin tomatoes at it. swear to the lord it sprayed me from 30 feet away. i ran away and stripped down. NASTY.

CJC

zach said:
ive been skunked 4 times in my life, my luck sucks.

ive been eye to eye with an ol sam possum. actually had a pet possum once
ive been bit by a groundhog
have had a coon climb up my leg as well as a squirrel.
Have you ever thought about staying out of the woods Zack.

CJC

zach said:
we had a skunk in a live trap and i was throwin tomatoes at it. swear to the lord it sprayed me from 30 feet away. i ran away and stripped down. NASTY.

What was it that was nasty Zack the smell of the skunk are you stripping down. (clapping) (lol) You left the door wide open on that one. I'm just messing with you.

RSC

CJC said:
zach said:

What was it that was nasty Zack the smell of the skunk are you stripping down. (clapping) (lol) You left the door wide open on that one. I'm just messing with you.
LOL, No Doubt Zack way sell youself to the ladies on the board,

Tony

Ohioteerchick

One night i got home from basketball pratice late and went to feed the steers and when i opened the barrel 2 baby coons were in there, because someone left the lid open while i was gone.

and a couple nights later, i was gettin feed out of the barrel and found a dead coon at the bottom on the barrel where he tried to dig his way out, darn coons that barrel had at least 100 lbs of feed left in it that we had the throw out.  :/

Cowboy

Sure am glad I made every one's day -- I fugured it would bring out the BEST in some!

TMJ -- remember back in 05 , we were "Bouncing" over the pasture in old Betsy and we had a cow here I called STUBBY -- well she is the one I had to go breed last night. Still in good shape -- never did grow back her ears though! Ha!

After carefull research this AM, I have learned there are SEVERAL of this years baby skunk crop left under the mineral room -- no more Momma -- but these guys -- 4 of them , are at least 2/3 grown and for sure WILL learn the technique momma taught them. They are quite spectacular to see -- I named them Tony
Dusty
Mutt
and of course -- Jeff -- now if I could just tell which one is which ---------------------------!

The next few weeks should be interesting beyond normal -- wonder if there is a tag limit for Skunks??

Life will go on -- even for TMJ seeing how she had a nighmare wondering what was careening out of my open mouth. You all woud have been proud -- I felt I was quite diplomatic -- ah well -- carismatic?? ah -- mmmmmmmmmm -- something to that affect! She came to visit us here in 05 -- but brought a 5 inch  rain with her -- resulting in a pretty fair flood -- of course taking out most of the fences on the ranch as well. Miss ya TMJ ( mmmmmmmmm - well -- ok - a LITTLE) hehehe

Skunks 1
Cowboy 0

1/2 time break

Terry

"Thanks for the smiles you guys -- I was hoping it would brighten the day for SOME at least! "

RSC

Cowboy said:
Sure am glad I made every one's day -- I fugured it would bring out the BEST in some!

TMJ -- remember back in 05 , we were "Bouncing" over the pasture in old Betsy and we had a cow here I called STUBBY -- well she is the one I had to go breed last night. Still in good shape -- never did grow back her ears though! Ha!

After carefull research this AM, I have learned there are SEVERAL of this years baby skunk crop left under the mineral room -- no more Momma -- but these guys -- 4 of them , are at least 2/3 grown and for sure WILL learn the technique momma taught them. They are quite spectacular to see -- I named them Tony
Dusty
Mutt
and of course -- Jeff -- now if I could just tell which one is which ---------------------------!

The next few weeks should be interesting beyond normal -- wonder if there is a tag limit for Skunks??

Life will go on -- even for TMJ seeing how she had a nighmare wondering what was careening out of my open mouth. You all woud have been proud -- I felt I was quite diplomatic -- ah well -- carismatic?? ah -- mmmmmmmmmm -- something to that affect! She came to visit us here in 05 -- but brought a 5 inch  rain with her -- resulting in a pretty fair flood -- of course taking out most of the fences on the ranch as well. Miss ya TMJ ( mmmmmmmmm - well -- ok - a LITTLE) hehehe

Skunks 1
Cowboy 0

1/2 time break

Terry

"Thanks for the smiles you guys -- I was hoping it would brighten the day for SOME at least! "
I believe Tony would be the STOUTEST one! The runt would probably be Dusty! LOL

TMJ Show Cattle

Actually, I didn't have to wonder what was coming out of your mouth....I KNOW what was coming out ...and I dare to bet it was't  " Dang cat!"  hahaha  I know old Stubby is used to it though....I think I will stop now.... (clapping) (clapping)