Some Baby Photos

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

I'll get some more of these in the weeks ahead, but here are some babies from the fall crop so far.  Haven't managed to get some of our best black babies photographed yet, but grabbed a few yesterday morning

PA040014.jpg

PA040013.jpg

These two are of a pretty nice looking bull calf out of a Strictly Business son we own (out of a Kephart Angus cow) and a Meyer GD

PA040026.jpg

I think this one is a Golden Child heifer.

PA040021.jpg

A pretty stout looking Kadabra bull calf.

PA040016.jpg

PA040018.jpg

My first shorthorn-marked bull calf.  Out of Lights Out and a Troy Charolais-X cow.

PA040004.jpg

I'm disappointed this one is a heifer.  Golden Child out of a Troy Charolais-X cow.  Ugly as all get out a day or two after birth but coming on nicely.

We had a bunch of Bold Statement and Almost Famous bull calves that I really like so far.  Haven't got pictures of them yet.  My best of the bunch may prove to be a Hard Core bull calf out of a baldface heifer my son showed last year.  He looks the part right now anyway.

red

Really nice Chambero! You must have good milkers for momma cows.
I've been lax on my pictures lately. It's almost 90 today & everything is sweating.

thanks for brightening my day!

Red

CAB

Chambero, really like the Smokey sired calf. His front end looks almost perfect. I'm a club calf guy, so if I could change him I would deepen his flank a bit & of coarse circumcise him LOL ( take a little sheath off. He looks like he could make a very good bull. I liked the Charnac bull 2nd best. He is also very good fronted both neck & shoulders are great the way they are laid in there. His lines run almost perfectly parallel. If I could change him, I would like to sqare that hip up in him, but then that tends to make'em too straight in their rear structure. Thanks again for posting the pics. Cab

chambero

The smokies aren't ours.  They belong to the other person that posted the photos on this thread.

CAB

Thanks, Chambero. Sorry Freddy. Very nice smokes. It's always fun to see which calves look the best to different people. It's good that different people like different things, otherwise it would get pretty boring. Thanks for posting your calves to be looked @ & critiqued. Cab

pigguy

i would say smokey, if he had hughy's hair and charnacs back legs. either way i still like smokey

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Don't worry about criticizing my cattle cause these show calves are all new to me ,reason I'M IN THEM IS THE Charolais MARKET is not as good as our Angus cattle an was trying to generate more money from them. Another reason also is all my cows are either reg, Angus or Charolais an structural correctness is what my cow herd was based on, an my opinion is that some of this has been forgotten in the show calves trying to produce that super great one. It has been interesting cause the bulls I have used has been through trial an error because I am  not that familiar with these bloodlines.

JSchroeder

Sounds like you have a good foundation.  People have done a lot worse than starting a clubbie herd with structurally correct Charolais/Angus crosses.

Unrelated subject, what's the string hanging from the ear of the last calf?

garybob

Well-made, correctly balanced calves, out of functional cows (the best part of what I've seen here, on this discussion forum), you and the father-in-law are some pretty good Cowmen, in my opinion.