Some HOG!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Check this guy out!

Jamison Stone, 11, poses with a wild hog he said he killed near Delta, Ala., on May 3. His father said the animal weighed 1,051 pounds.

Can you imagine meeting that thing in the woods? I wonder if it's for real?

Red

Show Heifer

Ferrel pigs have become a big issue in my state....with some stating that they do no harm and actually less harm than hog confindments.....once verified  I think photo will find its way to the local paper!!! Can you imagine how much damage this hog could do???

red

We have the boar busters here in Ohio that hunt them. I think someone on this board also hunts wild pigs. She'll have to verify it for us!

Red

Jill

I may just be a sceptic, but I find that hard to believe.  We raised pigs for years and some the larges sows were quite heavy and were not nearly that big.  You take a finished steer at 1250 or so and lean a kid over him that pig is 3 times that size. 
I know wild pigs are a problem, wild or tame they can do an enormous amount of damage!!  We have a whole group from our area that goes down to Texas ever year for a couple weeks and hunts them, but for some reason I thought they were normally 2-400 pounds.

stick

Thats about the size of the boars in the biggest boar contest at our state fair

garybob

Dr. George Ahlshwede, (breeder of Double Stuff) says he thinks he lost a bull to wild hogs. I believe him.After living in the south Texas border country, I am not surprised in the least.
The older generation of citizens in my home state can recall we had  problem here with them. So much so, that, in the 1930's, our University Football Coach likened his team of boys "wilder than a bunch of Razorback Hogs!!" when asked if his boys were ready for an upcoming game. The name stuck, and we were no longer the Arkansas Cardinals.

jason

That is incredible.  :eek:  I also read they would get something like 500-700 lbs of meat out of it and they are having the head mounted.

farmboy

I HUNT AND ALL THAT STUFF WHERE THERE ARE NO BOARS OR BEARS. I THINK THIS GUY COULD WOOP A GRIZZELY BEAR. IF YOU CLIMBED A TREE TO GET AWAY FROM HIM, HE MERELY CUTS DOWN THE TREE WITH HIS TUSKS. I DON'T DOUBT THAT THE BOY DID KILL THIS PORKER, BUT TO ME IT LOOKS A "LITTLE" EXAGERATED. WE SHOW STEERS THAT WEIGH 1200 POUNDS BUT THEIR SHOULDERS ARNT DOUBLE THE SIZE OF OURS ALMOST. I THINK IT TOOK A COUPLE SHOTS THOUGH IF IT IS FOREAL.  (pop)

OH Breeder

If you blow the picture up, there is something wrong with the top line and where the boys arm is. There is also a spot off the rear quarter that is off.

DLD

I'm with Elbee - that thing's gotta reek.

There's a picture on the wall in Outdoor World in OKC of a boar shot in Mongolia that weighed about that (between 1000 and 1100 lbs - don't remember exactly). It also looks bigger than I'd have thought, but still not quite as big as this one does. There's an adult male and an old deuce and a half Army truck in that pic though.  Of course, we have to remember there's alot of difference in 11 year old boys, too. My oldest at that age was under 70 lbs...

David

Telos

At first, I thought DL was showing us the results of another PHA calf. But that's a wild boar. I didn't know they carried the defect too.

farmboy

THE NEW "HOGZILLA"  ;)  IN THE LINK IT SAYS THEY HAD TO CUT DOWN TREES AND TAKE A BACKHOE TO GET IT OUTTA THE WOODS :eek: IMAGINE MEETING THAT THING IN THE WOODS

shortdawg

I live about 10 minutes from where the infamous " Hogzilla " was killed. They have a huge festival over there every year in his honor. They just recently had a try-outs for parts in a movie they are going to make about him soon. Needless to say the guy that owns that hunting plantation has gotten a boost in his customer base. National Geographic Magazine came here , exhumed him, and did a DNA study on him to see what percent wild/domestic hog he was.

shortdawg

I can't remember for sure but he had some Hamp, wild hog genetics, and  maybe a little York.