Some steers we looked at.

Help Support Steer Planet:

BuckJones

Hey,

It's been a while since I posted. No cows for me yet. That will be a graduation gift. Been so busy with upper-level courses in university.

Meanwhile, we went to go look at steers. I showed a pic to my younger brother who I was able to convince to get one this year, so another trip for a better look is in order.

Anyway, here is a link to the album of steers which caught my eye as we drove around the field. Let me know if it doesn't work for any reason and I can repost individual pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150437108040731.416477.608600730&type=1&l=280bb8224e

They arent limo's, but they will do. :p

twistedhshowstock

They are all really powerful calves, that being said, I think the 2 that catch my eye the most are the 2 you have numbers on, 109 and 159, I dont think they are necessarily the most powerful of the group, but to me they are the 2 that combine the most good things, they are definately powerful enough, to me seem to balance the best, and seem to have more style and eye appeal.  If I had to pic one of them picked solely on those pics I would probably pick the 109 calf, but that may change if we had a pic of the other with his head up. But its always hard just looking at pics like this.  I dont know if there are multiple calves here or if some of the non numbered ones are the same calf.  The only ones I really fault anywhere are the first calf in the album looks like he could be a pretty coarse fronted and one of the later non numbered ones looks a little high flanked.  But as was stated a really good set of super powerful big footed calves all the way around.

BuckJones

Thanks. :)
I will def repost them as soon as I get to a comp. the first two in the album and the third in the album is another pic of #159. I was partial to 159 because he seems to have more style but lacks some power. There is another steer that I didnt get to see yet that I'm told is pretty good. Will post that pic when i get it.

BuckJones

I also originally liked the 109. But in posting these pics realized half of the calves I picked were actually heifers. Haha. Should have paid more attention.

OH Breeder

I think the calves you have pictured are kind of different types. The first calf pictured has a really deep chest floor and is wide in his heart. He looks earlier maturing in his make up. Some of the other calves don't look as early maturing as he does. There are a couple others that look little finer made but would do alright. Looks like a pretty good group you just have to narrow your choice to what you want in a finished product.

showsteerdlux

Is it just me or were these calves cut late? That calf in the 1st pictures looks mighty course in that front end and through the sheath. Other that that for commercial calves i'd feed them out on the lot for sure.