songs to start the New Year off

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Ok, I listened to Jim Croce's "You Don't Mess Around w/ Jim"
A little Johnny Cash " Solitary Man" w/ tom Petty
and I got Woody dancing to B-52's "Love Shack"
threw in a little Travel' Wibury's & I'm set!

What are you going to listen to this year? any new sounds?

Red  (dog)

red

Also I've been listening to Jack Johnson. Seem to like some of his songs.

Red

shortyjock89

I've been listening to alot of acoustic stuff, mostly Fall Out Boy's "My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" and other songs from their B-sides..and also The Hush Sound's "Sweet Tangerine" and "Where We Went Wrong".  And, I listened to some of Feist's songs...I still like 1234 the best of her songs, but she is pretty good.

And just to mix it up a little bit, I listen to Kanye West's new cd, Graduation..it's really different from all other Hip-Hop/rap. He talks about some of his struggles in life, and I can't really describe the album, but I think it's really good.

minimoo38

omg. i love FOB!!!  listening to Jason Aldean's songs Amarillo Sky and Johnny Cash. International Harvester- Craig Morgan. mostly some country, hip hop, rap, rock, (Def Leppard and Guns and Roses). actually i like a vide variety of music. just became obsessed with "Smells Like Teen Spirit"- Nirvana

farmboy

if theres anything ill voice my opinion about its my hatred of rap :mad:

i like metallica, nirvana, ledd zepp, pink floyed, black sabbath. jimmie hendrix, heart ,AC DC, cheap trick, the CLAPman, eric clapton cream, tho who, mick jaggers lips and the stones. GnR (guns n roses), steve miller

just to name a few...  (clapping) for some reason ive been as minimoo says "obsessed" with "ONE" by metallica latley and me trying to learn how to play it

geeeeeezzzz

showsteerdlux

Well my new truck doesn't have a cd player in it yet so I flip between the country stations depending on which one has the song i like. I'd say my favorites are I.H., and What do you think about that by Montgomery Gentry. There are only two rap songs that I don't mind and they are walk it out and soldier boy. Any other rap, hip hop, etc... is crap!

Telos

I've been listening to a California singer song writer this past week named Sacha Sacket. Real mellow kind of music is what I like in my older age along with good writing. I really like all kinds of music as long as it is good.

garett

The last year or so ive gotten a little more into the hip-hop rock type stuff like by the artist Fallout Boy, All American Rejects, Plain White Tees, Sean Kingston, Akon, Timbaland, Snow Patrol, Gym Class Heroes, Nickelback,Buckcherry, Hinder and stuff like that

Telos

Gosh garett, do I see names for some new promo bulls? Snow Patrol sounds like a great name for a white Shorthorn. Akon, the next replacement for Heat Wave? How about Nickelback or Fallout Boy? Have these names already been used?

DLD

Might be some possibilities there, Telos.

I've basically been listening to 4 cds lately - Cross Canadian Ragweed's Mission California (cause it hasn't left my truck since it first came out in October, and for me, that's sayin' something), Robert Earl Keen's Party Never Ends ('cause we had to hear Merry Christmas From The Family, and then there's some more good stuff ...). The last 2 or 3 days though, it's been Stevie Ray Vaughan's Greatest Hits I and II (thanks to the Nissan commercials during the bowl games). I expect I'll be hung up on these for awhile.