Steer Planet Fantasy Football - DRAFT TUESDAY 4:00 PM CENTRAL TIME

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mueller Show Cattle

AAOK said:
Didn't notice 'til I was already in that this is a Yahoo league.  How does it compare with ESPN Fantasy leagues?  Still able to cut and add players throughout?
Yes you will be able to add and drop players throughout the season. Is just like ESPN leagues just with Yahoo.

Biomurph

What is an "autopick" draft and when is the draft?  I can't seem to find any clarity to these questions on yahoo.  Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give.

Mueller Show Cattle

LKFSimme said:
What is an "autopick" draft and when is the draft?  I can't seem to find any clarity to these questions on yahoo.  Thanks ahead of time for any help you can give.
Autopick means there is not a draft so there will not be a live draft, so you have to prerank your players and the computer will randomly pick a date and will do the draft with how people ranked there players. If there was a live draft set then there would be a date and time set for the live draft and if some of the teams could not make the draft, then they could prerank their players. As of now there is not a live draft, so have your players preranked.

jason

Big M Show Cattle said:
LKFSimme said:
Autopick means there is not a draft so there will not be a live draft, so you have to prerank your players and the computer will randomly pick a date and will do the draft with how people ranked there players. If there was a live draft set then there would be a date and time set for the live draft and if some of the teams could not make the draft, then they could prerank their players. As of now there is not a live draft, so have your players preranked.

When does the auto pick draft happen?  I am guessing right before the regular season starts.  I think it would be hard to get 20 people together online at the same time to do a live draft.

Biomurph

That is what I figured autopick meant.  And I understand the need to not do a live draft....it would be impossible to get everyone together.  If you find out when the autopick will take place, that would be great so that we would know when our prerankings need to be done.  If you can't find the date for it, then it is fine. 

One suggestion is to do a live "draft" and if owners can't make it, then the computer will autopick for them.  (the same as now except some people can live draft, if they want.)  Of course this gives an advantage to those who can be at the live draft, in my opinion.  Just a thought. 

Mueller Show Cattle

Yes the live draft is nice because the teams that can't make it can prerank their players. Even with preranking your players you better know what you are doing cause you could end up with 9 running backs and the minimum other position players. Have seen that alot and bet it happens as that team will be doing alot of dropping and adding players at the begging of the season. Yes teams that attend a live draft have a slight advantage over teams that do not as that can see if certain position players and going off the board fast to be able to react to that. Either way I have done both and will be prepared. When the league gets full, usually Yahoo will post a date when the league will do it's autopick, no time given as it's usually early in the morning and the autopick will probably be done closer to the beginning of the regular season.

jason

Our league is full.  We need to go ahead and setup a time to draft and if you are not going to be able to make it, you need to have your autodraft rankings setup.

We have to get this done by next Thursday, as that is the start of the first game.

Mueller Show Cattle

Go ahead and set it up. I would say more people would be able to attend during the early evening hours with work. But set it up, If I can't attend, I have my players ranked already.

lightnin4

I'm ready! (clapping)  Going on vacation the end of next week but my pre-rankings are set if I can't make it.  (thumbsup)

jason

AAOK said:

Do we have a Date & Time set for the Live Draft?

EDIT, 4:00 central time instead of 12:00, I went the wrong way the pacific time, duh. I don't see why yahoo can't make all times available, it was be hard to believe they don't have the capacity to do so.

IF you can't tune, be sure to pre-rank players.  My assumption if you don't, yahoo would take the best player available.

[size=10pt]TUESDAY, 4:00 PM Central Time[/size]

AAOK

Doggoneit!  I'll be out of town Tuesday, and probably on the road around 4pm.  Oh well, last year I couldn't get in to draft until round 6; still won the Superbowl!  We'll see how the Yahoo autodraft plays.

jason

Feels like a Monday, but it is Tuesday and the draft is at 4:00 pm central time, prerank or tune in.

jason

Here is random draft order for 1st Round

1.   Shorties
2.   Oklahoma Hea...
3.   bombers
4.   Pokes
5.   Arrowhead Ad...
6.   Tha Squirrels
7.   Newriverdawgs
8.   Cuban Raft R...
9.   Herefords
10.   Smurf Express
11.   Snappers
12.   Tx Black Steer
13.   Speed Triples
14.   Megalomaniacs
15.   Boar Hog Tits
16.   Bull Rushers
17.   WyomingLawDog
18.   Grass Munchers
19.   butt kickers
20.   Redwater Gerts

jason

Round 2, goes in reverse order of round 1

1.   Redwater Gerts
2.   butt kickers
3.   Grass Munchers
4.   WyomingLawDog
5.   Bull Rushers
6.   Boar Hog Tits
7.   Megalomaniacs
8.   Speed Triples
9.   Tx Black Steer
10.   Snappers
11.   Smurf Express
12.   Herefords
13.   Cuban Raft R...
14.   Newriverdawgs
15.   Tha Squirrels
16.   Arrowhead Ad...
17.   Pokes
18.   bombers
19.   Oklahoma Hea...
20.   Shorties

jason

Direct link to league

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/330007

Default Rankings if you are not present for the draft and do not changes your draft order.

* 1. Adrian Peterson
   * 2. Arian Foster
   * 3. Ray Rice
   * 4. Chris Johnson
   * 5. Jamaal Charles
   * 6. Rashard Mendenhall
   * 7. Andre Johnson
   * 8. Darren McFadden
   * 9. Aaron Rodgers
   * 10. Larry Fitzgerald
   * 11. Maurice Jones-Drew
   * 12. LeSean McCoy