Stolen cattle at NAILE

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

Heard that some shorties were stolen from tie outs at the naile....4 head from Cyclone Trace.
What would be the point of stealing something like that? ???
Did they have "help" getting them off the grounds??? :mad:

Whats up??

justintime

That is just terrible!! Were the cattle stolen prior to the show or after it?  It has been a few years since I had cattle at the NAILE, but it seems to me that there was quite a few security around the tieouts all night. Maybe that has changed, I don't know.

shorthorns r us

those would have been high $$$$$ individuals.

(lol)  (lol) maybe someone was having trouble getting warranty work on a sprayer and decided to take the value in cattle  (lol)  (lol)

OH Breeder

I know what its like to get ripped off. I copied this from Breeders World. If I could help in any way, I would sure want to.

Yes it is true, 4 head of Shorthorn show heifers were stolen from the Cyclone Trace/ Hunter tie outs on Friday night at the North American show in Louisville. At this time the incident is under investigation. If anyone has any information please email or call us. We would appreciate your help.
We are saddened that anyone would go to this extreme.
A reward is being offered for information that leads us to the person(s) responsible for this incident or the return of these show heifers.
Pete and Cindy Hunter

[email protected]

aj

What is the theory elbee? Will they transfer papers to the new owners...just kidding.

shortdawg

One of the security guards told me they were valued at $ 92,000. That's a hefty loss no matter who you are. He also told me they had a lead on them being sold somewhere in IA.

justintime

If it turns out that this involves anyone in the purebred seedstock business, they should receive the full extent of the law, as well as lifetime bans from ever having membership in any breed association. I am not sure if this is even possible, but if there is a way to make "poster boys" out of whoever did this, it certainly is necessary. I can hardly imagine how it would feel to be violated in this manner. As a purebred breeder, I find this to be serious violation on everyone in this business.
I have seen outfits who put their own people on 24 hour watch on their show strings in the past. I certainly hope this isn't going to become the norm for us all. I realize that the breeding stock business has become " big business" but I certainly hope we do not get to a point where we cannot respect and trust our fellow breeders.

CAB

Sounds alittle like wait for the rest of the story. Shouldn't jump to any preconcieved notions, but it's getting to the point to where it's hard not to with all of the B/S that does go on. I do not support stealing cattle in any fashion and I hope that  they catch whoever did this and apply the full extent of the laws.

CAB

Jill you're basically right, but you & I both know that both families are involved in the club world. You are right that I have no right making any accusations or lumping anyone into a generalised group. I am sorry for maling any accusations. It's a treable sisuation and I can't imagine what it would feel like to have even one of my critters stolen from anywhere let alone a national livestock show with the rep. Louisville. Again , you're right and I am sorry to have insinuated that there was any reasons possible to steal cattle.Cab

gatorbait

CAB said:
  Another huge black eye for the great club calf" SHOW INDUSTRY" people.

I know some people hate the show steer industry but what I don't understand is why they come to a discussion board about showing steers. (No offense if I miss understood your comment but I have a feel'n you said that with a lot of sarcasm and bitterness. type can be miss leading though)
We don't know that it was motivated by envy it could have been straight out rustling. Show cattle are kinda easy to catch I know of an ffa chapter that had show cattle stolen and sold at the livestock market. Thats why we have locks on our gates course they could be cut but it is a step. If this was envy and try'n to eliminate the competition I hope they are caught and I expect there name to be spread everywhere. I can't stand a cheat.

Jill

My husband and I neither one grew up showing, and we were pretty trusting people coming into this business.  I can remember one of very 1st Jr. Nationals leaving the feed pans out at night and coming in the next morning to find out someone had taken them, it was beyond our comprehension that someone would steal something that didn't belong to them.  Since that time we have seen and heard just about everthing, you figure out who the crooks are, but every once in a while one sneaks up to suprise the heck out of you.  I can't even imagine the sickening feeling of walking up to find out your cattle had been taken, you shouldn't have to post someone 24 hours a day to watch your cattle at a show.  This wasn't an incidence of rustlers, they wouldn't choose colored cattle, this had to have been thought out and other than non payment there is no reason or excuse that would be justifiable.  All I can say is there is a cell in beautiful downtown Leavenworth waiting.