Support Your Truck!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

What is your Favorite Ride? Vote once for Make, and once for Fuel Type

• Total voters

BCCC

FutureBreeder2013 said:
chris-l-truck-front-view.jpg

gotta love the after market lol
Cant decide if I like the stack,s tires, or Road Armor Grill gaurd better lol.....I am thinking I like those stacks what are they 10 inch? lol

I am bout postive Jason's truck is silver. We also have an 05 dodge 2500 that is also silver and its starting to rust also.....However we have a Red 98 3500 out of Michigan thats doesnt have a spot of rust, and it has the most miles out of all of them.(230K)

Doc

Mechanic at the Ford dealer said that Ford was going to have their own motor in their truck next year. Don't know if true or not.

Davis Shorthorns

Doc said:
Mechanic at the Ford dealer said that Ford was going to have their own motor in their truck next year. Don't know if true or not.

They said that last year, and the year before also.  I wouldn't hold my breath for a ford made diesel anytime soon.  Even the Duramax is a Isuzu motor to begin with.  It is just to cheap to buy a motor from someone else than to retool to build your own ESPECIALLY right now with everyone going broke.  

rtmcc

Pretty hard to give up our old reliable 2001 F-350  crew cab w/ 7.3 Power Stroke.  If we were in a position to update right now I would consider a Duramax with an Allison.  By the time we can afford another one, hopefully Ford will have a new motor as reliable as the old Power Strokes.

Davis Shorthorns

furinsilex said:
No question best motor is 7.3 hands down

Of the motors that Ford has put out the 7.3 and the old 6.9 were the best.  I absolutely hate the 6.0's and for me the jury is still out on the 6.4, but it ain't looking good.  In my personal openion is that the 5.9 Cummins was the best diesel motor put into light truck in the U.S.  I was a chevy guy all my life until it was time to buy a diesel.  All my friends gave me so much crap for buying a Dodge, but all I told them was I didn't buy a Dodge, I bought a cummins it just happened to be wrapped in a Dodge shell. 

steermaker

Cummins=Dodge.  I drove the Chevy before buying the Dodge.  Availability of a standard transmission was a factor as well.  Two Chevy dealers tried to sell me a truck decked out like a Cadillac.  Went to the Dodge dealer and they understood that I wanted to buy a truck, not a tricked out toy.

jason

Yeah, it is silver.  Is Dodge doing anything about it?

Davis Shorthorns said:
Jason said:
Ford almost went with Cummins I think before they went to international / navistar.  They had so many problems with the junk 6.0, I think ford actually produced the last motor themselves.

Is it me, or does Dodge seem to have thinner sheet metal.  I get a lot more pinging sound from gravel with my ram 1500 than I did with my f250.   Also my dodge is already started to rust a bit, but I usually drive her hard and put her away wet.

My 01 dodge is starting to rust a bit.  Is yours silver?  The silver color in the Dodge was a bad paint and a lot of those trucks are rusting now.  I haven't noticed it on any other colors yet.  Also International / Navistar made this motor as well.  They had to big of a contract with them to get out.  Ford is sitting on a 700 lb/ft torque motor but it would cost to much to retool and to buy out International.  Oh and I believe that ford did win the law suit against International from the 6.0 ltr because of all the warranty work that for had to do.   

Davis Shorthorns

Jason said:
Yeah, it is silver.  Is Dodge doing anything about it?

Davis Shorthorns said:
Jason said:
Ford almost went with Cummins I think before they went to international / navistar.  They had so many problems with the junk 6.0, I think ford actually produced the last motor themselves.

Is it me, or does Dodge seem to have thinner sheet metal.  I get a lot more pinging sound from gravel with my ram 1500 than I did with my f250.   Also my dodge is already started to rust a bit, but I usually drive her hard and put her away wet.

not that I know of.  I think that at least 1/3rd of the silver ones of that era have rust that they shouldn't.  I saw a texas truck that was a 02 that had rusted out wheel wells, and doors.

My 01 dodge is starting to rust a bit.  Is yours silver?  The silver color in the Dodge was a bad paint and a lot of those trucks are rusting now.  I haven't noticed it on any other colors yet.  Also International / Navistar made this motor as well.  They had to big of a contract with them to get out.  Ford is sitting on a 700 lb/ft torque motor but it would cost to much to retool and to buy out International.  Oh and I believe that ford did win the law suit against International from the 6.0 ltr because of all the warranty work that for had to do.   

Eberth

2000 f-250 with a 7.3 chipped gets 17-18 with a trailer and 21-23 without. Also have a 07 6.0 that knock on wood has been a great truck 13-15 with a trailer and 18-20 without.

jason

I would still like to find an old 12v cummins, preferably a 1997-1998 club cab, but the problem is people want an arm and leg for them.  Also most of the 98's are 24v.

BCCC

Jason said:
I would still like to find an old 12v cummins, preferably a 1997-1998 club cab, but the problem is people want an arm and leg for them.  Also most of the 98's are 24v.
Yea they switched from the 12V to the 24V in the middle of 98.

GREENHAND

DAD, ROLLED HIS F250 ON ICE LAST YEAR, HE REPLACED IT WITH A F150. WE DIDN'T KNOW THEY MADE ANYTHING OTHER THAN FORD TRUCKS!! (clapping)