sure champ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

Hands down the best all around supplement for show stock of all species.

Redfern

TempletonCattle said:
Was wondering what everyone thought of the supplement sure champ, thanks.
My thoughts are that you need to get some. 

SlickTxMaine

Ditto, Ditto and Ditto!!  Great stuff.  Keeps calves on feed, keeps their guts working and in my opinion just makes them look healthy. 

CAB

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but here it costs $.66 per lb. Adds up to the cost of feeding one.

Davis Shorthorns

I like it but like cab said it add a considerable amount to the feed bill.  If I am only feeding one or two then I would use it, but if I was feeding a bunch of them maybe look at something different. 

rtmcc

I think the increased feed efficiency and performance along with the added health and hair more than out ways the cost on this one.

Ron
<cowboy>

CAB

I should also say that  I use it. I just want PPL to think about the costs associated with these supplements when they are feeding a calf.

shortyjock89

If the cost of feeding Sure Champ is going to break your bank, I think maybe showing cattle is too much for you right now.

There are hundreds of other supplements out there, and I can count the ones that actually work on my hands. Sure Champ may be the best supplement of any kind that I have ever used. There is a measurable and visual change in the animals in just a couple weeks.

simba

Anyone know if it'll be available in Canada anytime soon? I'd really like to try it but I don't have a trip to the states planned anytime soon.

DakotaCow

If your mixing your own feed you can buy amaferm in the powder form and have it mixed into the bulk batches. It is cheeper than sure champ and eliminates sorting.

hevmando

I have trouble with my cattle not eating the sure champ and sorting the pellets.  Anyone else?  Maybe I need to mix the Amaferm powder in the ration.  I have tried it and not seen the benefit.  What changes did you notice in 2-4 weeks?

thanks, this is the second year of using it and i do believe it helps keep them on feed once they get used to it.
thanks for the comments :)

sizzler14

I think it works very well... BUT i think if people focus on doing every minor detail right with their cattle ( proper exercise. not just turning them out in a lot but actually moving them around the lot to make sure their moving, testing your water, proper worming program, doing all you can for heat stress, daily routine, etc). None of this really cost money and when you focus on the little things that add up to one big thing, I feel you can get the same results in most cases (JMO). Again if your comfortable spending the $ then yes I'd use it. If your not, then focus more on the small details!

creativecattle

Larissa said:
Anyone know if it'll be available in Canada anytime soon? I'd really like to try it but I don't have a trip to the states planned anytime soon.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Full disclosure I work for Sure Champ and VitaFerm, but our family used the product long before my association with the company. I always tell people my favorite thing about working for the company is knowing that we have a product that actually works.

Larissa, we have been working on approval in Canada. We were denied the first time we applied. It is a long and SLOW process to get anything approved for Canada. There will be a big announcement when we finally can start selling it up there.

rrblack78

We used sure champ too for calves and our pigs with awesome results but we started our new calves on some champion drive left over from our spring projects. We are equally pleased with the results from using the champion drive but it's a lot more expensive. Now I'm not sure if we should switch to sure champ since the babies are doing so well on the other.

simba

crystalcattle said:
Larissa said:

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Full disclosure I work for Sure Champ and VitaFerm, but our family used the product long before my association with the company. I always tell people my favorite thing about working for the company is knowing that we have a product that actually works.

Larissa, we have been working on approval in Canada. We were denied the first time we applied. It is a long and SLOW process to get anything approved for Canada. There will be a big announcement when we finally can start selling it up there.

Thanks for the info Crystal, it'll be an exciting day when it is available!