Talladega

Help Support Steer Planet:

Idland

For starters AJ your last comment was totally rude :mad: :mad: :mad:

Second are shorthorn cows calves largest bw was 95 lbs
Our Heat Wave / Meyer * Tallie are from 68 to 87 on 5 head

renegadelivestock

wow some people on here are retarded, use who you want to use, and avoid who you want to avoid, no one is holding a gun to anyone else's head! who gives a shit if one person thinks a bull is a cow killer, and another one thinks he is great? everyone is entitled to their own interpretation of what is acceptable.
AJ,  jit has raised more good ones that most, and made money doing it, so trash all you want, but the man is no fool, and for the record, i am not his neighbour,relative, or friend i do not know him personally, but his reputation for quality cattle in the breed is second to none.

Idland

2 more et HW/Meyer-Tallie Hfrs Born 3/10/12 88 and 90 lbs. So AJ this is your personal invite to find some one in eastern mt to come with their own scale and have a 3rd party weight.
I,m not calling him CE. I,m just saying their has not been any trouble. Next I think you need to back and read the agreement when you registered for this site!!!

Glen Idland
214 Prairie rd.
Circle MT. 59215
406-485-2292 or 406-974-2293

whos the coward now?

OKshorthorn

To be fair, in order to call a bull a "cow killer" I assume you have used this bull or siblings of this bull, of which resulted in the death of your cow? If I owned Talledega or Tuscaloosa I would be one mad son of a gun, heck I own some of the same genetics as these bulls and it aggravates me that without any first hand knowledge, people are throwing out the term "cow killer."

The real shame in this, is that someone on here reading this thread may not use a great bull like Talledega based solely on someone trying to stir the pot.

justintime

aj... I am not here to start an arguement with you , but you had better have pretty significant proof about what you post on here as being fact. I went to Illinois when Talladega was a calf, thinking of possibly trying to buy him. I was concerned about calving ease at that stage of his life. ( NOTE: I said calving ease as opposed to birth weight). When I saw him in Denver this January, I was very impressed.When I was looking at him in the Denver yards, a large rancher that I know from here  in Canada, came up to me and said that if he could find Shorthorn bulls like this, he would have to seriously look at using them in his operation. I heard a group standing near me, call him the best bull of all breeds in Denver this year. I am not going to agree or disagree with their statement, as I did not see all the bulls in Denver this year in the 2 days I was there.   I am willing to test this bull in my herd, and find out for myself... not just go on rumor and heresay. You seem to have the answers of what everyone else is doing wrong, and I would be pleased to hear of what you are doing that is so much better than anyone else is doing. I would expect with all your knowledge and breeding ability, that people are beating your door down to buy the great cattle you produce.

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

aj said:
***removed by moderator ***

Aj, if you don't like the bull don't use him. But don't bash him either! Phenotypicaly he is an awesome bull. Maybe his numbers aren't the top of the charts but I doubt they are that bad. Different people breed for different things. If everyone bred for the same things you did we would have to start the AJ cattle assn. we don't bash every animal you put on here. And if you are so concerned about birthweight take a look at the WHOLE equation. The bull makes up maybe one third of it. The cow plays a key part. As well as how she is fed, what the climate is like and how long she carrys! If your such an expert on cattle you should d*** well know that! Ever think you were banned for a reason?!

Doc

aj said:
***removed by moderator ***

This link wasn't started as an ad. It was started as a question by someone who was looking for answers on a site that is known for the most part as being a very helpful site.
Why do you use the same bloodlines over and over? Because it's what you want to use and for you and your enviroment and customers , it's what works.

jason

FYI

The posts were removed by moderator, because poster did not support his claims. 

Remember you are solely responsible for what you post.  I have no problem with posting first hand facts or opinions based on those facts, but here-say or conjecture without backing those claims, will not be tolerated.

mark tenenbaum

Jason said:
FYI

Remember you are solely responsible for what you post.  I have no problem with posting first hand facts or opinions based on those facts, but here-say or conjecture without backing those claims, will not be tolerated. /// Why did you remove my posts??? I gave logical reasons why I would use the bull on a particular cow-posted her picture,and was not antagonistic at all-to anyone-If you care to challenge me in terms of documetation of what I say-YOUD BETTER KNOW YOUR CATTLE O0

zapper

Really liked this bull in person!  However,
If a comment is demeaned unacceptable, please remove all comments pertaining to that comment.  This is a forum of opinion in most cases.  In no way would I take the majority of the comments found on a forum as factual documentation.  I personally take offence to the term “Retarded”.  But that’s just me!

Idland

Just a little update. Tallie was not producing semen so we decided to up his price to $60, but exciting news on Friday! He may nave started again, so if he has, and if anyone ordered 60 dollar semen I'll double your order if he started to freeze again. you can call 406-974-2293 for help with this.
Tallie is standing at origen in billings, mt. We are going to make semen for export if he is freezing again.

justintime

Idland said:
Just a little update. Tallie was not producing semen so we decided to up his price to $60, but exciting news on Friday! He may nave started again, so if he has, and if anyone ordered 60 dollar semen I'll double your order if he started to freeze again. you can call 406-974-2293 for help with this.
Tallie is standing at origen in billings, mt. We are going to make semen for export if he is freezing again.

Nothing wrong with the semen I got a few weeks ago. I flushed 2 donors and got 9 and 11 embryos from them. Very few unfreezable embryos as well. Looking forward to getting some calves next spring!
Hope he starts to freeze again soon!

Duncraggan

I really like the pictures in the April Shorthorn Country advertisement JIT, keep us posted when the calves arrive!  Which cows did you flush to him?

AJ just pissing people off lol! AJ maybe a pot stirring sob but damn it sure is fun talking cattle with him! He's more of a maternal producer I can say that from buying heifers from him and clipping his cattle as well. I don't know what wrong with someone having an opinion on a bull or cow or have concerns of their own.  If you guys don't understand that maybe you shouldn't get pissed off when someone states their opinion.

justintime

Duncraggan said:
I really like the pictures in the April Shorthorn Country advertisement JIT, keep us posted when the calves arrive!  Which cows did you flush to him?

I flushed Prairie Lane Sparkle 1K and her daughter HC Sparkle Delight 2X ( by Saskvalley Pioneer 126P).  Sparkle's first calf as a two year old, was Wolf Willow Majpr Leroy 1M, who was a herd sire here for many years and was also used around the world by AI.

These two donors were selected to be flushed by a group of New Zealand breeders last summer and I flushed both to Talladega after they were done their flushes. I have attached pictures of both donors

Attachments

• Prairie Lane Sparkle 1K -10-21-07sm.jpg
    Prairie Lane Sparkle 1K -10-21-07sm.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 243
  • HC FL Sparkle Delight 2X sm.jpg
    HC FL Sparkle Delight 2X sm.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 231

Idland

I was wondering if any one else has had any calves yet by Tallie. Are calves look great. The colors, hair, muscle, and the correctness with all kinds of style. Good news he froze a collection and when he does it again we lower the back to 30. Any ???? call 406-485-2292

J

JTM

Jason said:
FYI

Remember you are solely responsible for what you post.  I have no problem with posting first hand facts or opinions based on those facts, but here-say or conjecture without backing those claims, will not be tolerated.
Jason, don't let people intimidate you into thinking that they will take you to court if you don't take down the comments, etc. I think it's pretty laughable myself for people to continue to deny that certain genetics don't have a problem with high birthweights and calving ease. I have had lot's of "cow killing" experience using these bloodlines. It's called, "having to pull a calf". Hello people? Anybody else out there speaking the truth these days? What happens when you pull a calf and the cow doesn't get up? What happens when she doesn't breed back because of the trauma? She ends up dead. There is no denying that this happens with all of the popular show cattle genetics no matter what breed. Why? Because they aren't breeding for traits that will help keep this from happening...
As far as Talledega as an individual I've never seen him in person so I can't really say much. He looks really thick in the pictures with a huge hip. Whether or not his personal stats make him dangerous to use I don't know. Some bulls sire calves that are consistently smaller boned and shaped better when born. Not sure if he is one of those because I haven't had any calves out of him.  :eek: