Talladega

Help Support Steer Planet:

Idland

Great news Tallie froze again so we have decide to lower is price back to $30. If you got some at $60 I will double your order, if you need help with this call me 406-974-2293

Idland

tallie steer
out of izzy, are heatwave m734 donor we got in Denver 2012

Attachments

• Idland 109A_IMG_5572 (2).jpg
    Idland 109A_IMG_5572 (2).jpg
    947.6 KB · Views: 193

Idland

Izzy and another side to tallie

Attachments

• Izzy165X.jpg
    Izzy165X.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 225
  • MA12-30-1930 (1).jpg
    MA12-30-1930 (1).jpg
    915 KB · Views: 211

Okotoks

Any photos of his purebred calves? There is a lot I like about this bull.

justintime

I am looking forward to getting some Talladega ET calves next spring. I flushed a couple donors to him and had good results. The dam of the calves I have coming is HC Sparkle Delight 2X, who is the best daughter we have from Prairie Lane Sparkle 1K ( dam of Major Leroy) . 2X is sired by Saskvalley Pioneer 126P. I have attached a calf picture of her . She has just returned from the ET center and she is an absolute tank of a female. I think this could really work. I was very impressed with Talladega when I saw him in Denver.

Attachments

• HC FL Sparkle Delight 2X sm.jpg
    HC FL Sparkle Delight 2X sm.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 222

Idland

Here is the first of four sisters form tallie and izzy. There is going to be a pic coming from a purebred hfr  out of a vortec cow

Attachments

• Idlandw278  P.jpg
    Idlandw278 P.jpg
    788.9 KB · Views: 190

trevorgreycattleco

After reading all this I've came to the same conclusion as in the past. The shorthorn breed will never make any headway into the big pie. Forcing a round peg into a square hole never works. Fight fight fight. God it gets old. That bull is not BRED to be a real world bull. Those pictures of him hog fat are great. Show me a picture of him coming off cows and not the feed bucket. I don't know the owner. His enthusiasm is great. I feel a big let down coming tho. How many if us on here have been down that road? Breed what you like. Breed what you can afford. Don't blow smoke and tell me this bull is a do everything bull. He is hog fat in these pics. He took a smokin pic in duis catalog. Show me his daughters in production. How well does he do when line bred? I get so sick of certain people saying oh yes I used that bull with 100% success. He was one if the best bulls we ever used. Then how come you still aren't using him? I call BS. If a bull kicks ass for you, you will continue to use him to the fullest. I cancelled my membership to ASA. I'm out. I'll still use shorthorns but highly proven only. That sure narrows it down doesn't it? Then throw in the politics and Betty Lou doesn't like so and so and will bash said person to make a sale. Never mind what the buyer actually needs. Just make a sale. I spent plenty of cash on shorthorns. You know where they are now? Dead. I shipped em. Am I bitter? Yep. Because it doesn't have to be like that. Use your brain folks. Stick together. Call a spade a spade. JTM is spot on.

Idland

Here is the the bull calf we keep from izzy and tallie. What we are doing with him I do not know! All of these calf were put on a creep feeder on aug. 20th with the recp. on grass only.

Attachments

• Idlandw448 SH bull  P.jpg
    Idlandw448 SH bull P.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 182

Duncraggan

I don't want to be too critical but I don't like the narrow heart girth from the picture.  There is a distinct 'pinching' in the floor of his ribcage behind his front legs in the picture.

kiblercattle

Duncraggan said:
I don't want to be too critical but I don't like the narrow heart girth from the picture.  There is a distinct 'pinching' in the floor of his ribcage behind his front legs in the picture.
I would agree with you I really would like to see more depth of rib on most of the calves shown above. I bet jit doesn't have any depth problems with him on his cows they appear to have plenty of rib. Are there any pics of him in his working clothes?

Idland

I'm sorry I do not have any pasture pics. As a 2 year old he was out with his girls from 6/1/2012 to 7/15/2012 then back home to get ready for MT state fair Aug. 1st  and other MT shows. Then off to Denver to be on Display again. After Denver he went back to Origen, to be collected for Canada, New Zealand, Australia to fill semex order. Then we had so much  US interest, we decided it was more important to leave him at stud  for collection until it's time to come home to get ready for his next trip to Denver 2014. With some of his progeny and a flush sister to Monopoly. This well be his 3rd trip to Denver for display.

Idland

Here is the last pic that I will post on izzy and tallie, their is still one shorthorn  hfr to come.

Attachments

• Idland GW Y90_ 3 IMG_5685.jpg
    Idland GW Y90_ 3 IMG_5685.jpg
    951.1 KB · Views: 258

mark tenenbaum

That Simmi cow is a deep ribbed tank-but the calves are all daylight under them-they had to be pretty big at birth to have that much leg at the age they are pictured-That not withstanding-Id be curious to see how the hiefers grow out:and see how they turn out-I see him being used on very moderate LOW BW ground draggers-Like Sue Mcglaghlins Capt.O daughters:eek:r Angus-Ali Maintainer type cattle.. I"d be afraid of him on anything with todays popular Shorthorn breeding-theres been enough trouble already.  O0

Idland

Now that I know that everyone wants to look at 6 month old calves not grown up, but fat little pigs next year I,ll put out creep at 2 months of age and take my pics in tall grass. So their is no sky under them. (where's the feet) Was that not a post from a week ago or so.

aj

Does jit own exclusive Canadian semen rights? Is semen available in Australia or korea or China? Thanks in advance.

Idland

Tallie Vortec

Attachments

• Idland Mandi_IMG_5613.jpg
    Idland Mandi_IMG_5613.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 257

justintime

aj said:
Does jit own exclusive Canadian semen rights? Is semen available in Australia or korea or China? Thanks in advance.
[
/quote]

Sorry aj, I don'town the Canadian rights in Talladega. Semex does. I have seen the bull a few times since he was a calf, including the 2013 Denver show, and I happened to like him. As soon as I got home from Denver I ordered semen and I will know a bunch more within the next few months when I get some calves on the ground. To say that commercial producers can't relate with is bull is, IMO, wrong, as I Have heard many large commercial ranchers comment on how much they liked the bull. One of the bigger ranchers I know here in this part of Canada with over 1500 cows told me me thought he was the best bull he saw in Denver. This bull is no different than any other in that people will make up their own minds on him, and some will like him and some won't. The real proof of his genetic value will be proven by his offspring.