Ten bulls you want to see in a steer momma's pedigree

Help Support Steer Planet:

LostFarmer

My cows have to be functional pasture type cattle first and foremost.  They must be able to raise a calf without creep feed in a pasture setting.  So to that point I want cows first and club mamas second.  Now if a cow pops a club calf great but I want heifers and cows first.  I am really thinking that Backlash and Fat Butt are maternally sound yet still meaty enough that you might get some county fair type calves and hopefully no cripples.  ::)  That is the goal anyway. 

Telos

LostFarmer said:
Whiplash is by Meyer out of a Cunia cow so I guess in a way he is on there.   (clapping)  I have been told that if you have Whiplash daughters you forget about the old man.  I hope Backlash is as good because I have 10 units of him going in tomorrow.   ;D

Backlash should make some super replacements. Meyer - Cunia - Sugar Ray. Foundation genetics formulated for show steer production.

rkmn

caldanmc said:
There was a post a while back asking for everyone's top ten clubby sires.  going through it, many people were saying that a bull makes great daughters, but isn't known for his steers.  So, I ask the question, what bulls do you want to see in a female's pedigree when you are selecting replacements?  Here are mine, and I realize that some can be linked to others (sire and sons are listed).

Meyer 734
Who Made Who
Traveler 6807
Foreplay
Chill Factor
Ali
3C Macho
Dr. Who
Strictly Business
Draft Pick
I like your list. I would replace Draft Pick with Cunia just to keep the PHA out, but other than that it looks OK to me.

BCCC

Zach said:
LostFarmer said:
What about Irish Whiskey?

Irish WHiskey doesn't jump out as a steer producer for me..
Put Heatwave on an Irish Whiskey, and theres not a whole lot of room to get better(except way lower birth weights as they get BIG) Irish Whiskey is plenty good to see in the dams pedigree, they are alot like Strictly Business and Chill Factor click with alot of steer genetics.

Telos

BCCC said:
Zach said:
LostFarmer said:
What about Irish Whiskey?

Irish WHiskey doesn't jump out as a steer producer for me..
Put Heatwave on an Irish Whiskey, and theres not a whole lot of room to get better(except way lower birth weights as they get BIG) Irish Whiskey is plenty good to see in the dams pedigree, they are alot like Strictly Business and Chill Factor click with alot of steer genetics.

Does it matter if they are PHAC or PHAF? Just would like your thoughts on that.