(the envelope please) and the award goes to

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

Well, I posted this under semi Hats off to Jirl, but figured it might get lost there so, here we go one with the show

The Golden Chalice Award for excellence in communication, honesty and integrity goes to Gypsy

The Quote of the Year as well as the Portrait of the Year goes to our LawDawg and his tastefully dressed pig

The Most Knowledge of obscure Maine pedigrees a 3 way tie - goes to XXCC, telos and Joe Boy

The Most Controversial Post Award goes to Jen for Lautner catalog (on another channel)

The Gentleman of the Board Award is a 3-way  tie between ELBEE,  OH Breeder, and Joe Boy

The Hot Ticket Kid Award goes is also a tie between  SJ89 and NYer

The best hockey team goes to the BFLO Sabres

The MOST Progressive Expo Award goes to the Ohio Maine Anjou Sale

The Best Dressed Award goes to Angus breeders everywhere

The Bluntness and Pit Bull Awards will not be given this year - too much competition, too many good candidates!

The Slime at the Bottom of the Toilet Bowl Award will also not be given - too many candidates!

The MPP Award (most posts pulled (on another channel) for rational posts award)  goes to justme (and no one knows why?)

The Perpetual Post Award goes to Austin and the  word game ....

The Most Patient Person in the World award goes to Barrel Racer for spending 100,000 hours hunting the PHA gene and waiting 10,000 hours for her mare to foal (and still waiting)

The Excellence in Equine Activities Award goes to our own Dr B (you should see that man ride!!) (lol)

The Most Illusive Award (you will never see it) goes to someone in sw ks (you will never see him either)

And finally the Multicolored Beefpaca Award for effort above and beyond the call of duty goes to our red!

If you would like to nominate someone for some award - send in a Geo Bush penny and a nomination form (or just email me! Grin)
[/color][/b]

shortyjock89

DL-How bout the "Person who keeps us in line about Genetic Defects" award? I think we all know who would get that one  (lol) (and in case you dont know, it would definately be DL)

Show Heifer

I would have disappointed at any thing less!!! :)
Congratulations to all the winners!! Even those not named!!! (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

red

DL- that may go down in the hall of fame for classics as one of the best & funniest posts!!!!
Too bad I don't have my acceptance speech written! (welcome)

Great job!!!!

Red

Barrel Racer

Great Job DL!!!  I have yet to see Dr. B's equine skills but I hear they are stellar  (lol)

Seems like waiting on this foal has been a lot more than 10,000 hours  (lol)  Original due date was March 14.  The vet was out a week ago today (which she was at 365 days then), he said she had another 10 days or so left!  Good news though in that everything is normal and baby is fine.  I've read that there's something about the warm winter then it getting really cold again making the growth slow down.  I guess that with her being a maiden mare things tend to get all screwed up too.  We have a line of storms coming through so hopefully that will trigger something, I need some sleep!!

red

BR- just remember, we want pictures when the time comes!!!
Good luck- this has been a long wait for you. Bet you can't wait to move her closer for next year.

Red

ELBEE

Barrel Racer, I have story for you about a lady and her expectant mare.

When time was close this lady went on 24 hour watch, sleeping, having hubbie bring out meals, even doing her business in a 5-gallon bucket, in the stall near the mare. After about a week of this, one afternoon she herd a car honk on the driveway, she stepped out of the barn to give some lost motorist directions to a nearby town. Guess what?

Gypsy

Well gosh thanks, although I do think that there are lotz of folks more deserving of this award than me.  ::) And I've got to tell you that I do want to nominate myself for the best costume designer for the purple tube tops for the Amigoettes and the PHA brigade! (DO NOT blame me for the thong I had nothing to do with that!!) :eek:

Barrel Racer

ELBEE said:
Barrel Racer, I have story for you about a lady and her expectant mare.

When time was close this lady went on 24 hour watch, sleeping, having hubbie bring out meals, even doing her business in a 5-gallon bucket, in the stall near the mare. After about a week of this, one afternoon she herd a car honk on the driveway, she stepped out of the barn to give some lost motorist directions to a nearby town. Guess what?

I wouldn't say I've gone to that extreme..... yet  (lol)  There's nothing worse than a woman and her preganant mare (I actually have ultrasound pictures hanging right by my computer)!  I actually have her boarded in Indiana so the foal can be eligible for special Indiana born races.  It's probably better that I'm not there I think I'd make her a nervous wreck, not to mention that I have no idea about foaling out horses, this is my very first one.  I'm sleep deprived staying up all night worrying that I might miss the phone call that she's foaled.  I just know that when I finally sleep sound all night I'll wake up and have missed the call! 

DL

Gypsy said:
Well gosh thanks, although I do think that there are lotz of folks more deserving of this award than me.  ::) And I've got to tell you that I do want to nominate myself for the best costume designer for the purple tube tops for the Amigoettes and the PHA brigade! (DO NOT blame me for the thong I had nothing to do with that!!) :eek:

Never fear, there weill be more awards and I believe that I remember who is responsible for the thong! dl

nysteerguy

great post, hats off to other winners and thanks for the acknowledgement...

-NYER

Show Heifer

Just what do you write justme???? ;D
I have tried to catch your post and ALWAYS miss them!
I would LOVE to read them!! :eek:

cowz

justme said:
I'm defending my title!  one post on BW today and 1 post pulled!!! :)))

Just what did you post on BW???????    I am giving the Grandma Cranky Pants award to "J" on BW. 

justme

hehehe...seriously nothing bad.  Out of the blue some guy named Yogi posts on an old message being rude. I just said no need to trash me and told him to stay out of the picnic baskets!  I hate that people can be rude and bash and something simple like that gets pulled

red

Justme has that Ohio sense of humor still. Living in MO hasn't changed that part of her yet!
This time she was responding to someone on BW who just out of the blue said she called him a cheater. There was even the word cheater in the thread. Janet pulls her post's because she thinks she's trying to advertize but lets other blatantly promote their own products.

Red

cowz

Remember the 2006 National Western where the jr. mkt. lamb scandal was the buzz.?  You could not even mention it, even without names.  If any post on show ring ethics was put on, it was immediately got pulled.  That is my protocol for the Grandma Crankypants Award.    ;D

justme

Grandma Cranky pants (lol) (clapping) (lol) (clapping) (lol) (clapping) OH my you had me laughing out loud....