The Last Straw

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

I was about to say don't toss the rambo! If we had the right kind of cow, we would breed her to Rambo for a replacement (super small angus cow)

savaged

I gotta say I would have never expected any bull with the words "Heat" or "Seeker" in his name to show up on replies to this post.

I got that straw of X-Ray Vision I'll trade for them  ;)

fullblood

zach said:
I was about to say don't toss the rambo! If we had the right kind of cow, we would breed her to Rambo for a replacement (super small angus cow)
how about using rambo on lowline half bloods

farmboy

hell it might work. I recall JBH having similar experience with Rambo on small framed Angus cows. She was a great cow, died at 14- 15 years old after popping out a big calf and paralyzing her. Still have a ton of descendants from that old cow though. I can't remember what happened to her mother (the small angus) think we sold her too Kerry Lawrence.

cdncowboy

I've got one lonely straw of Kool as well - might just as well pitch that one not sure what I'd ever use it on.
One of Dr.Who (no longer available in Canada) might try using doing a one straw flush with it.
Wedding Crasher - they'll never be lonely, really liked them til found out he was double dirty.

OH Breeder

I have some Plowman, Basin Max, PFred and  Bar Power Play both Angus. I just don't know what they work on.
I have some Leader 9th (Big Gene) and Leader 21st I can't bring myself to use and can't seem to find the right flush to use them on.
Salute that I cant see putting in a cow to maybe cut out the side with BW EPD"S of 8.0 ugh.
A bull called Newsman that a guy who use to post on Show steers talked my nephew into trying.
Come clubbies I just never stuck any cows to Infared and Mojo.
Diamond Leggs 21 after having a spastic paresis calf out of him.
Probably never use Grizzly Rose. calving ease was a problem with him and haven't heard a thing about him.

Love calberta black impact great females. I also liked my Debull cows. If you want to get rid of those hollar.

jbw

Pfred might be the surest calving ease bull EVER!

My list
Black Rhino
Sugar Ray
Get Rich Quick
Elmo
Husker

DTW

I know of the top of my head i have some Texas Hold em that will never get used.  Only used one straw out of five.  Then there is some Black Pearl in there also.  Three straws of Hannibal.  Never had a calf out him with anything at my place.

andy

J&H Mike's Cujo
Broome Quality
Manitoba Sunrise
Red Rose Ruffian
RB Eagle 157th

All decent bulls, but probably won't get used here as not breeding much Shorthorn.

Sly

I have these probably wont use.

2 -  Smokin Oak
3 - Paddy O malley
2 - Cervesa
1 - Pale face
1 - Sting
7 - Helter Skelter
8 - Naughty Pine
3 - Mossy Oak

Jill

ZNT said:
DJ Ceaser. I love the bull, but I just don't ever see where the right cow would come along that I wouldn't rather use something newer.
We have some of him too, just didn't quite make the really bad list.

bradycreek

Not that its bad or I don't like the bull.... But I seem to just not use the Polar Express straws i got year after year. I have had thoughts to use it the last 3 years but it just sits in the tank. Maybe this year.................... ;D

WFCC

zach said:

KEEP THE RAMBO! the best daughter we ever had was a red rambo we brought back from wyoming from cal herrings! she flat out raised club calves!

Cowboy

I have been declining to post here on this topic for fear of retribution -- I will do so now only with the intent NOT to cause any hard feelings or anything, this is just fact for my herd.

Over the last 10 yers or so, the absolute worst sire GROUP of calves I have raised were -- and I am sorry -- Gigolo Joe. He just did not work here, out of 6 calves from proven cows I had 2 red ones that looked like solid colored Longhorns, one calf from the same cow that made that good Max steer a couple years ago was sold to a family after much effort -- and I had to warrant the soundness until 12 months old or no sale. The best one was from my Foreplay donor -- and he went to the neighbors for a replacement bull to use on cows headed to the salebarn this fall. Compared to the same cow's calves from the year before, we netted over 8000 LESS for the crop this year. All but 2 went to the barn.

He just did not work on this little herd -- wish he had done so , !

Other than that, News Man from a few years ago failed -- and a bull called Uno produced one good female but failed on every thing else. Used Heat Wave ((UGH)) and never will again here, Snake Eyes from 8 years ago was a miserable mistake as well. Keep in mind there were only a calf or two from each of those however.

I think today if I had the chance to start all over -- I would get a group of f1 Sim-Angus cows and breed them all to Foreplay -- and then I'd have the base to go any where with. Great females.

Terry

Latest posts