Think of Woody today

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Today is Woody's day for his, um  ::) snip snip! We decided that we really didn't want puppies & didn't want to send him out for stud so we're getting him neutered. So while you're drinking coffee or just going along today think of little Woody. Also me because it's going to be weird with-out him today. No going out to potty every 15 minutes!

Red (dog) (dog) (dog) :'(

red

(lol) itk!

We took him in this morning. Poor little guy was shaking all over! He weighs in at 14 pounds. I'll need to watch him so he doesn't get fat!
We're putting in a microchip. Any one else do that?
Ohio B- it's Bill R's brother doing the vet work in Arlington.

Red

Jill

What no puppies?  We have 13 right now and they are just adorable, but I understand, they are a lot of work.  Hope everything comes out ok,  :'(.

red

Oh my, 13! I want pictures!!!
No, no puppies here. We're too much a one corgi family. Plus I couldn't stand to send him off for stud service. Justme did w/ hers & she didn't like the experience at all.

Red

Jill

I don't blame you, we don't send ours off we have 2 males and 2 females.  Our 2 females just happened to have had them 1 month apart, we normally don't have so many at once, the boys would love to keep them and it is always a big fight when it comes time to letting them go.

kanshow

Good Luck Woody!!  I'll be thinking of you and your mom Red today.    I can't blame you for not wanting puppies, its so much work. 

Microchipping is a good thing especially since you travel.  We have all our dogs microchipped.  The only thing to watch with microchipping is that sometimes the chip will migrate over a period of years.  I also heard of one dog where it came back out.    Knowing those two things, I try to have my dogs checked if we happen to be in the vicintiy of a reader. 

We have gone to using only shipped chilled semen when someone wants to use our boy.  It makes it so much easier, I don't like the responsibility of having someone else's dog here and I sure as heck am not sending him to just anyone.    I also prefer this method if I breed one of the girls to some outside dog.  I only wish they would perfect dog frozen semen AI breedings and remove the storage control issues by AKC. 

garybob

Don't even mention the AKC, as they've managed to ruin the usefulness of the breeds that they "recognize". Especially the "Sporting" and "Working" breeds.

GB

sawboss

I used a dog Ai services in Oklahoma City 6 years ago on our female American Bulldog, the name of the outfit is "Once Frozen".

garybob

red said:
(lol) itk!

We took him in this morning. Poor little guy was shaking all over! He weighs in at 14 pounds. I'll need to watch him so he doesn't get fat!
We're putting in a microchip. Any one else do that?
Ohio B- it's Bill R's brother doing the vet work in Arlington.

Red
You could, by the way take 3 cores out of an ear, for cloning later, should He prove himself to be a real asset.Club Calf people do that all the time. Winning a show gives 'em "emasculators' remorse", soooo fast!!!

GB

red

a micro chip is good if they get lost or stolen. It has all his information on it. You just use a scanner to read it. This way if he is found they can tell who he belongs to & also that he is ours.
Going to pick him up!

Red

justme

Another great thing about microchips...  No animal research facility is legally allowed to use a dog  for research without scanning them for a chip.

Good luck Woody! (dog) 

justme

Yes, all lab dogs and cats are legally suppose to be scanned before being put in a research program.  If there is a micro chip in them, its suppose to be against the law to do research tests on them.  Its suppose to help cut down on pet thefts sold for lab animals.

red

He's fine. In fact he just chewed a hole in a pair of the hubby's undies!  ::) I guess they had that certain aroma he liked!
He & Killer have run around the house a couple of times. A little snow & keeping him out of the drifts so not to get his stitches wet.

Red

garybob

red said:
He's fine. In fact he just chewed a hole in a pair of the hubby's undies!  ::) I guess they had that certain aroma he liked!
He & Killer have run around the house a couple of times. A little snow & keeping him out of the drifts so not to get his stitches wet.

Red
No, that's called a "warning shot".
;)GB

DL

justme said:
Another great thing about microchips...  No animal research facility is legally allowed to use a dog  for research without scanning them for a chip.

Good luck Woody! (dog) 

Microchipping is a good idea - most shelters etc scan animals that come in for chips and if they find one it can be traced back to the owner.

What I find amusing is if PETA jumps on ag in any way we all go nuts, but we believe that pets are stolen for research. That my friends is an urban legend of huge proportion. The regulations involved in animal research make this almost an impossibility.... if we as humans believe that we can humanely use animals for the betterment of human and animal kind we should understand all aspects of the debate  ;)

KDSC

so where do they put this chip at?? can it be done at any age??  :))) :)))