This week in football

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

^ I bet it gets pretty interesting at times.  It would be really interesting if Ohio State & Kentucky were able to play each other in a bowl game & it could possibly happen.  If it did actually happen, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that household!  ;) 

CCCattleco5

Shortdawg, I am standing strong with you as a DAWG fan. We just didnt come out in the first calf wanting to play. We came out the second half wanting to but it was too late. I am glad we went ahead and got our loss done with though now all we have to do is go out and win and not worry bout going undefeated cause the best teams in the nation have lost now. It does make me mad that USC is ahead of us in the polls when they lost to a team that isnt even ranked and we lost to a team that took over the #2 spot. Also could this by week not come at a better time, with our heisman rb questionable and our 1st and 2nd string TE questionable, along with our star LB. Great timing, it  gives the coaches time to get those young players reps at pratice and ready for tennessee. GOOOOOOO DAWGS SIC'EM  (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) and the SEC too

shortdawg

CCC, We will be in the lower barn at Perry. Come by when you get a chance. Two red neck roans, one strawberry roan, one r/w steer, and one black roan - Cook County. See you there . (dog)

TJ

CFN is predicting Alabama 20 - Kentucky 14.  With our injury situation, I'd say that is about right.  Of course anything can happen, but I would guess that both teams will likely score somewhere between 10-24 points.  I give Alabama the edge because our offense is still a bit too green & we are a bit too banged up, but we aren't chopped liver & I honestly think that anything could happen.  Sounded like CFN is thinking along the same lines.  It's good that the media is starting to show us a little respect.  What I really liked is the fact that CFN was bold enough to print... "Could this be a preview of the SEC title game?" & they even went as far as to mention that Kentucky would test the Bama o-line like nobody has done so far.  (thumbsup)  That's pretty high praise from the media, I think!  Glad people are starting to take notice, but predictions & articles don't win games.  I just hope that the Kentucky players walk onto the field with a chip on their shoulder & play their hearts out.  In all honesty, this is the SEC, so every game is tough, but this is probably going to be our toughest ball game of the entire season!  I just hope that we get a rematch later in the year!    ;)               

BIGTEX

aj said:
I pedict KSU over Texas Tech 49-45 ;D

Missed that one. Tech looks pretty good.

I am really looking forward to OU/TEXAS next weekend. Wave at me when they show me on T.V., I am sponsored by Dickies this year.

BIGTEX

shortyjock89

OH YEAH!  I would say we stomped ol Michigan in their own home. Pretty great game if you ask me.

simtal

idk, michigan IMO, is terrible.  Sure they beat WI on great comeback but, when you turn the ball over 4-5 times a game, good luck trying to win.

shortyjock89

simtal said:
idk, michigan IMO, is terrible.  Sure they beat WI on great comeback but, when you turn the ball over 4-5 times a game, good luck trying to win.

SHHHH....first time we beat Michigan at Ann Arbor since 99. 

jason

How about the Big 12.  Missouri and Oklahoma look unstoppable.  As long as the sooners can beat texas, it should come down to the Big 12 Championship between those two.

Doc

What about the Vanderbilt Commodores. Beat Auburn for the 1st time since 1955 & the 1st time 5-0 since 1943. The other amazing thing is caliber of academic students they're doing it with.  My Vols won also, but they're not doing near what Vandy is, right now. Titans are undefeated at 5-0 right now also.

bcosu

i am impressed with terrell pryor. he seemed to rise to the occasion against wisconsin and did end up winning the game. with an above capacity crowd and trailing and 80 yds to go, he appeared to have command and was poised enough to play well. i really think he is gonna be special. i got to thinking about the heisman too, right now my choice would be chase daniels. he has played well all year and is absolutely blowing teams out. i don't think missouri would be that good without him. but, i don't think anyone should count out beanie wells. he has only played 3 games this year and has gone over a hundred in each. what i love about beanie is that he will beat you in so many ways, he will run over you, make you miss, stiff arm you or catch the ball out of the backfield. the latter he hasn't done much but he still does it well.

TJ

Jason said:
How about the Big 12.  Missouri and Oklahoma look unstoppable.  As long as the sooners can beat texas, it should come down to the Big 12 Championship between those two.

They probably will be unstoppable until they play each other & then the one remaining plays the SEC Champ.  ;)   

TJ

Kentucky plays South Carolina this weekend. 

We now have 2 starting O-linemen & our top backup O-lineman all out with knee injuries.  Not to mention that Randall Cobb still isn't 100% & SR WR Demoreo Ford may be out too.  Between all the injuries & our offense's tendency to shoot themselves in the foot several times per game, I have no idea what to expect against S. Carolina.  They did score 14 points against the Crimson Tide, but they also scored 7 points for the Crimson Tide in a Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde effort last week.  We've got to get better & with all the key injuries to the O-line & our best athlete (Randall Cobb), I'm not holding my breath that's going to happen this week or that our WR's will actually start catching passes.           

I'm not worried about our defense at all, even though Micah Johnson probably will not play and Ricky Lumpkin & Matt Lentz are both still not 100%.  We held Alabama to only 17 points & that includes the 7 points that we gift wrapped & we were without Micah Johnson, Ashton Cobb & Matt Lentz against Alabama, plus, Ricky Lumkin was not close to 100%!  If we can hold Alabama to 1 offensive TD without our leading tackler & several other key players, we shouldn't have to worry about too many offenses lighting us up, especially South Carolina's O, IMHO. 

BTW, we are still the #1 scoring defense in the USA.  We have only given up 1 rushing TD & 1 passing TD in 5 games this year!  Not bad.

shortdawg

For you stat guys, how many of these Hiesman hopefuls have 10 TD's rushing. Hint - I know one that does.

AAOK

shortdawg said:
For you stat guys, how many of these Hiesman hopefuls have 10 TD's rushing. Hint - I know one that does.

As for the Hiesman, ESPN has it a 2-way race as of today(no sign of Beanie Wells, and for good reason).  The FOX Sports guys have Colt McCoy as numero uno!  The Big 12 will definately take a hit this weekend with the OU/TX & OSU/MIZOU games.  The turf in Columbia may have to be redone after Saturday.  It's very possible the Pokes & Tigers could combine for over 100 points.   

ESPN- The last number is the point total
Name Position School Year 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total
Chase Daniel QB Missouri Sr. 13 1 1 0 0 72
Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma So. 2 11 1 0 0 57
Javon Ringer RB Michigan State Sr. 0 0 4 5 3 25
Max Hall QB BYU Jr. 0 1 4 2 3 23
Colt McCoy QB Texas Jr. 0 0 2 3 3 15
Tim Tebow QB Florida Jr. 0 1 2 1 0 12
Jeremy Maclin  WR Missouri So. 0 1 0 1 1 7
Graham Harrell  QB Texas Tech Sr. 0 0 1 1 0 5
Michael Crabtree  WR Texas Tech So. 0 0 0 1 1 3
Charles Scott RB LSU Jr. 0 0 0 1 0 2