Thoughts on Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Dad

I am looking at acquiring some embryos / semen from the following bull and wonder what the experts (& wise guys) on the Planet thought:
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Bull Profile.jpg
    Bull Profile.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 982
  • Bull Front.jpg
    Bull Front.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,024

MYT Farms

Looks like he hasn't missed many meals. If big numbers and big calves are your game, he'd be perfect.

klintdog

He almost looks like Rio Bravo, a Gelbvieh bull that was National Champion 2 years ago.

kane1598

leveler topped? looks level to my eye.  I think he looks really maternal and bold sprung.

knabe

kane1598 said:
leveler topped? looks level to my eye.  I think he looks really maternal and bold sprung.

sorry, hip height to withers height, and yes, he'll probably level out more with age.

kanshow

I like the bull!  I'd say go for it!        What cow are the embryos out of ?     

Dusty

He looks good, but he is fat...  How much is he eating a day???  Post pics again next August after he's been running with the cows for a couple months....

ploughshare

He certainly is the right kind.  I might change up his front end a bit, but other than that nothing wrong.  Good genetics behind him too.  Is he from Peak Dot??

Rustynail

I have females from both bloodlines and combined bloodlines, and they are nice.  I would use him.  I would like to see what he looked like a little slimmer.  Fat can hide stuff.

justintime

My guess was that he was purebred Angus and I would also guess that this bull is not excessively fat. He is in very good shape, and this is what an easy fleshing bull should look like in every day condition.  I would like to clean him up a touch in his front end, however, some of this comes naturally with having some masculinity. I think some of the best female sires have been very masculine and also have lots of crest and front end to them. Take a look at the mature picture of SR Red Riders Drive ( Shorthorn bull). IMO, RRD produced some of the best females around, yet he was anything but pretty as a mature bull. I think this bull looks the same.

He has tremendous thickness, depth of rib and volume. He probably will sire some real ground sow daughters.... and some sons that look the same coming in from pasture as they did going out to pasture. I would use him in a heart beat.