Thoughts on this steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Kailee TheKool

I'm interested in this steer, but I'm concerned about the length and angle of his neck. Is it good enough? Will it lengthen out or get shorter and thicker? Is there a way to encourage stretching and lengthening (assuming I get him)? Besides his neck, what are his other flaws and strong points?
TIA for any help
He's a Flipside x Monopoly calf, 63olbs rn
1695503995134.jpeg

vc

Not the best at putting it in words but when I watch the video, there is something about his front third that does not just fit together, he looks like he might break behind the shoulder as he matures and the his neck out of the shoulder placement is not ideal, he will be a heavy headed steer more than likely. He has more of a commercial feeder look than a show steer to me, a little coarser made. He will grow well and pack on the meat I just done know how pretty he will be doing it. Best thing to remember on avenge is that the flaws you see as a calf wont get better as they mature. No calf is perfect just have to decide where you are willing to make the trades.

Kailee TheKool

Not the best at putting it in words but when I watch the video, there is something about his front third that does not just fit together, he looks like he might break behind the shoulder as he matures and the his neck out of the shoulder placement is not ideal, he will be a heavy headed steer more than likely. He has more of a commercial feeder look than a show steer to me, a little coarser made. He will grow well and pack on the meat I just done know how pretty he will be doing it. Best thing to remember on avenge is that the flaws you see as a calf wont get better as they mature. No calf is perfect just have to decide where you are willing to make the trades.
Thank you a ton!

Latest posts